Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Someone tried to break in.

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:19 AM
  • 9 Replies

I was up feeding the baby about 4 this morning, and I heard someone outside.  I just sat here, and listened, thinking I was hearing things, and pretty soon I heard him jiggling the front door.  I freaked out and woke up my husband, and called the police.  I am not sure if they caught the guy or not. 

I think a handgun may be my big purchase this weekend.  I'll sleep with it under my pillow! :) Just kidding, I would end up shooting myself and not the burglar.

What a way to start the morning.....sheesh

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Wyatess0809
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:21 AM

That's pretty scary. Good thing you were awake!

Sharon300
by Sharon on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Oh that is scary. Glad the burgler didnt get in.

try_again
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:30 AM
Glad he didn't get in...

Its scary... I've had the same thing happen to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMVITT
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Oh wow, scary!

When I was 18, living on my own in a new apartment, I come home from work at Midnight.  I am walking across the court yard and this lady is yelling for me to stop, that scared me.  Anyway, she wanted to know which apt I was walking to because she saw a shady character looking through MY windows and trying to get in.  She had called the police and we don't know what came of it but she gave me her phone number and vice versa.  I called my brother that night to come stay with me LOL.  I hate robbers, they are in an essence chicken shit low life scum!

Princess7777
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:34 AM

I'm glad things worked out though and he didn't get in.  It's good you called the cops.

lexismum03
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:37 AM

ugh so scary. I haven't been faced with that yet. I do remember when I was younger someone came in our back door took my moms keys and went out the front door. Oddly enough they brought the car back and left the keys in it but it had an almost empty tank of gas.

burch731
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:39 AM

WOW that would freak me out ~ good thing you were awake & scared them off.

serioussifL
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Wow that is such a strange crime!!

Quoting lexismum03:

ugh so scary. I haven't been faced with that yet. I do remember when I was younger someone came in our back door took my moms keys and went out the front door. Oddly enough they brought the car back and left the keys in it but it had an almost empty tank of gas.

mamajeh
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:40 AM

I think I know who did it, we have a low-life that lives a couple of houses down....He is a wife-beater, dog abuser, and generally crappy human.....but his dead mom left him the house, so we can't really call land lords to boot him out......I told the police officer my thoughts, but because I only caught a glimpse of him, I am not sure they can do anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)