Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think this is ok??

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:21 AM
  • 16 Replies

I'm watching a friend's foster kid that just got placed with her, he's about 6 weeks old. I'v had him a couple other days & I can never seem to get him to take a nap. If he's pacifier falls out he wakes up & then needs put back to sleep again-which seems to happen like every 10 minutes. All my kids took pacifiers but they never acted like that if they fell out during sleep.

Just a minute ago I needed to get something so I put him in his carseat, came back & he is past out. Do you think its ok to have him nap in the seat during the day? He seems to be sleeping a lot better in there but I'v never been one to use the carseat for a napping place. I know it sounds like a weird question but do you think I should just put him in that to nap?

Due in July? Join us in July 2011 Babies!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilmommy2007
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:22 AM
Just make sure he can't fall out and isn't on a table and i don't see it as a problem
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie729
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:22 AM

I would think it would be fine as long as you keep an eye on him.

sleepyone00
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:23 AM

If that is where he is comfortable, i'd leave him there.  Maybe then he won't be soooo needy either.  I used to put my oldest in her carseat to sleep when we were somewhere.  just prop it on the floor and don't buckle him in.  not any different than the swing.

futuremilf831
I wouldn't use a carseat. But that's just me. I use swings or bouncer seats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5-kids
Oh yeah. My kids could sleep for hours in their carseat. Its perfectly fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedToBeMe

He's sitting on the floor by me right now. I was gonna go do some dishes but I don't think he can fall out the way it lays back; kind of a semi-reclined position

BlessedToBeMe
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:24 AM

I guess I'm just worried b/c I know that if I do something wrong, my friend can get in trouble from her caseworker since he's a foster kid. 

BlessedToBeMe
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:25 AM

I don't have anything like that right now. If you don't mind me asking, what is the difference in your opinion?

Quoting futuremilf831:

I wouldn't use a carseat. But that's just me. I use swings or bouncer seats.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:27 AM

DD slept in her car seat at that age. It's smaller, cozier and closer.  I used to put it in her crib, LOL.

Waxed
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:28 AM

I use the baby swing, but i don't a problem with letting him nap there if it's the only place he will nap then go for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)