Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The note I wrote to my SD's teacher.........

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:22 AM
  • 28 Replies

Ms. --------,

Bennett was sent home early Monday due to her overly dramatic expulsion of sinus drainage which your cafeteria worker swiftly described as "puking". I was told she could not return for a minimum of 24 hours so I kept her out on Tuesday in accordance with this ridiculous policy. Please excuse her absence. She has shown no further "symptoms" since leaving the school on Monday.

Thanks,

Brandi Lyston

Wonder if she'll get the sarcasm. lmao. What happened was, my SD had flem in her throat and instead of spitting it out or swallowing it like a normal person she made a scene hacked a lugi in the cafeteria and they called it puking even though it was obviously just spit... She had NO other symptoms, fever, etc.... They told me she had to go home and couldn't come back the next day either.... This is a completely stupid policy. And now, she knows what to do when she feels like packing up and going home. Oh goody!

CafeMom Tickers
COME JOIN THE FUN @ CONTESTS GALORE! Win cool prizes and participate in fun contests and games! CLICK HERE!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
5-kids
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:32 AM
I feel for you. That's how it is here too. It really is dumb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazynlove1207
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:33 AM

BUMP!

Princess7777
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:33 AM

I hear you.  I think she'll get it.

Tatum2U
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:34 AM

Instead of being sarcastic why not just address what you see as a bad policy in an upfront , direct way ?

cherieb10
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:35 AM

laughingGood one mama! 

crazynlove1207
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Quoting Tatum2U:

Instead of being sarcastic why not just address what you see as a bad policy in an upfront , direct way ?

I did that, when I picked her up........... And was told "well, this is the procedure and it's been this way for years"........... And I was told to send her with a note when she returned to school, which I also thought was stupid because obviously they know why the hell she was out... So, this is my note.

CafeMom Tickers
COME JOIN THE FUN @ CONTESTS GALORE! Win cool prizes and participate in fun contests and games! CLICK HERE!

crazynlove1207
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:38 AM

BUMP!

MisfitInTN
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:40 AM

crazy

mamajeh
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:42 AM

This, save the sarcasm for your friends.....

Quoting Tatum2U:

mommymelissa76
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:42 AM

We have the same policy here too. Its stupid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)