Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

regarding all the i am spending cs on myself posts....

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:24 AM
  • 28 Replies

I get 381.00 a month in child support for my son and i use about 100 bucks a month of that to put gas in my car. now keeping in mind that gas is used to take ds to and from school and all of his activities but i also use the car to get to work. do you consider that spending it on him or on myself? also keeping in mind that the rest goes completely to ds wants and needs?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
5-kids
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:28 AM
Its for him since you use it to take him places.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Waxed
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:30 AM

This

Quoting 5-kids:

ChAoTic_BliSs
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:32 AM
Geez does it REALLY matter?!?

Why does everyone know think they have to justify how they spend it??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moniagee
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Quoting Waxed:

This

Quoting 5-kids:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmart18255
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:36 AM

it doesnt matter i was just curious to see what was said since in the other posts there were such differing opinions kwim mean?

Quoting ChAoTic_BliSs:

Geez does it REALLY matter?!?

Why does everyone know think they have to justify how they spend it??

MisfitInTN
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:36 AM

The car is used to transport him and he needs transportation.

clowncar
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:40 AM
I think the argument is stupid al around. Unless the parent receiving child support is neglecting said child, not feeding, clothing, providing shelter for the child, CS is being used for the child, no matter what its spent in. Its not as if a parent has a seperate bank acct for just CS money. Its not as if a parent can say I can't buy my kid food or clothes or pay the bills until I get CS check, of course not, you do all those things anyway and CS is just added to the pot to pay for life as it happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brooklynsmom119
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:40 AM
I consider that using it for him but who cares how you spend it. I'm sure you spend a lot more than that on him a month. I think its sad that 381 is all some women get, that's not half of the fathers financial responsibility.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
burch731
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:42 AM

What she said:

Quoting clowncar:

I think the argument is stupid al around. Unless the parent receiving child support is neglecting said child, not feeding, clothing, providing shelter for the child, CS is being used for the child, no matter what its spent in. Its not as if a parent has a seperate bank acct for just CS money. Its not as if a parent can say I can't buy my kid food or clothes or pay the bills until I get CS check, of course not, you do all those things anyway and CS is just added to the pot to pay for life as it happens.

YvonnesMommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:42 AM
That is ur money that he would be contrubuting if u two were together. U don't have to justify to anyone what u do with the money... jmo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)