Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you do something nice for someone

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:27 AM
  • 27 Replies

Do you expect something in return? I know alot of people who do things for people just so they can say they did it but then expect something in return and if they dont get it they bad mouth that person.

Me personally i do things to help people out and dont expect for that same person to return the favor. I do it out the kindness of my heart.

I also know people who will keep running to you to barrow money and wont pay it back but if you ask to barrow 5 dollars they will say they dont have it. Then a couple of days later they will come back and ask to barrow more money.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
futuremilf831
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:30 AM
I always do it because I want to. Never do I expect anything. I enjoy helping others!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Princess7777
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:30 AM

I don't expect anything in return.

maryhen
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Ive had a thousand  friends who constantly ask me to borrow them money and stuff..eventually I get tired of it.

Waxed
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:34 AM

I am the same way i don't expect anything in return sometimes it's helping someone out, and about the money thing. we haven't barrowed money in years not since before we got married and that was my parents but we paid them back as soon as we could. and i have loaned money to my parents also and one of my friends they paid it back no problem.

mitch576
Nope... That's not why I try to help people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Waxed

Yeah i would get pretty sick of it too if it's a constent thing

Quoting maryhen:

Ive had a thousand  friends who constantly ask me to borrow them money and stuff..eventually I get tired of it.

serioussifL
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:35 AM

I normally dont lend people money because of that. Also, we dont have the extra money to just "throw away". When I do something nice, or flash a smile at a stranger, I just hope they can pass on that kindness to somebody else, even if it isnt me.

CallieLynsMommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Quoting Princess7777:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FuzzybugsMommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:36 AM

I don't expect anything in return when I do something nice, because I know that 9 times out of 10, the person I'm doing a favor for won't return it. It's not a big deal, I've learned who to do for and who not to do for.

justgrape723
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:37 AM

I do things just because....... I do try when I can to do nice things so people don't know about it. I am not looking for thank you or for people to do for me. When I donate to a charity I usually do it anon. 

When I do loan $$$, and people come right back and ask for more, I usually say when you pay me back the $$ I loaned you I will be more than happy to help you out again. BUT for the most part I do not loan $$ to friends and family. I usually just say I don't have it and leave it at that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)