Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help please. What book to read to my DD's preschool class?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:34 AM
  • 25 Replies

It's mother volunteer month at my DD's preschool. I'm signed up to read a story next week.

She's in a 3/4 y/o class.

Any suggestions? I'm a good reader, I can be animated if the story calls for it. etc. ;-)

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetberrymommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Maybe a Dr Seuss book? My sons love his books! The rhyming seems to crack them up.

luvmymonkeys27
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:37 AM

'The Gruffalo" and all of Julia Donaldson's other books are great!

CallieLynsMommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:38 AM
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie? Chicka Chicka Boom Boom? These are 2 of my DD's favorites.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wiener
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:38 AM

we just got a book from the library yesterday call the very noisy night, I thought it was really good and cute. my 4 year old loved it, its about a two mice, and the little mouse cant sleep cause he keeps hearing the wind or a branch tapping on the window and he keep waking up the big mouse.   another good one is a doctor seuss book like green eggs and ham, the cat in the hat, but don't do fox in socks your sure to get your tongue tied with that one.  another good one is a case of bad stripes,

stinkerbelle28
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:39 AM
Chicka chicka boom boom! My kids love that book.
mommy22boyz357
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:42 AM

I would def. say Dr. Seuss, can never go wrong there! Mr. Brown Can Moo is a good one. I used to work at a daycare and they loved books that called for them to do things too. Like clapping, jumping, stomping, silly little singsong books like that.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:44 AM

espically since its dr suess week!! and chicka chicka boom boom is an awesome book

Quoting mommy22boyz357:

I would def. say Dr. Seuss, can never go wrong there! Mr. Brown Can Moo is a good one. I used to work at a daycare and they loved books that called for them to do things too. Like clapping, jumping, stomping, silly little singsong books like that.

kjfamily
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:45 AM
Is your Mama a Llama?
If you give a Moose a muffin
if you give a Pig a Pancake
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lottie925
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:46 AM

I can't believe I keep skipping over chicka chicka boom boom at the library. I'll have to get it.

Mr. Brown can Moo sounds good too. I'm sure there is a longer version then the little cardboard version I have.

Keep the suggestions coming!

bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:47 AM
This! Plus, its his birthday today :)

Quoting sweetberrymommy:

Maybe a Dr Seuss book? My sons love his books! The rhyming seems to crack them up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)