Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For the nurses

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:44 AM
  • 14 Replies

In the present economy do you feel that it would be worth it to bridge from LPN to ASN?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toopicky429
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:46 AM
I was, but changed my major. Only because I'm sick of being a nurse. I've been a LPN for over 8 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nursesrock1980
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:01 AM
I've been a LPN for almost 8 years. What did you change your major to?

Quoting toopicky429:

I was, but changed my major. Only because I'm sick of being a nurse. I've been a LPN for over 8 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:18 AM
I'm getting an Associates of Art and an Associate of Science. I've been contemplating med school, but I think I'm done with health care, lol. I'll be 30 in April, and since last April have been a SAHM/student. So I am undecided about what to get a bachelors degree in, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiddycat73
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:22 AM
I'm an LPN, and I do plan on bridging to RN. I hope to go back to school in August. My company is paying for it, and I will continue to work for them after, and the pay increase is substantial, so to me, yes it's worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilboysmommyR
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:29 AM
I don't know. I'm a RN and love my job seems like LPNs have to do alot of hard work. Some of the Rn's I work with act like god lol.

Here's a question I have for you. Do you guys make much less than Rn's? We make very good money. In the PICU that is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiddycat73
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:34 AM
Didn't you know that LPN stands for low paid nurse?? Lol!! But seriously the difference is quite a bit in my field(dialysis). I know that LPNs in nursing homes make a lot more than I do, but I could not work in one...nothing against those who do, but it's just not for me.

Quoting 2lilboysmommyR:

I don't know. I'm a RN and love my job seems like LPNs have to do alot of hard work. Some of the Rn's I work with act like god lol.

Here's a question I have for you. Do you guys make much less than Rn's? We make very good money. In the PICU that is.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nursesrock1980
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:40 AM
When I started as a office nurse almost 8 years ago I made 8.50/HR now I'm a pediatric vent home health nurse and I make 17.00/HR. I live in Missouri and I know my area pays lower than most cause the cost of living is fairly low if that helps. I also know people with bachelors degrees not in nursing who make less than I do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:42 AM
I made over a little over $20 an hour when I quit my job last April. The new grad RNs were starting at $25. I worked telemetry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:43 AM
I should add I'm in Ohio. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nursesrock1980
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:45 AM
I know I always tell people who're going into nursing to get their ASN I just can't decide if its worth going BACK kwim?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)