Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FLUSH THE TOILET!!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:20 AM
  • 8 Replies
I don't vent much here. I'm a pretty easy going person and it takes a lot to aggravate me but my 6 year old DS is really pushing it. I can not stand to see crap in the toilet. I swear this child does not know where the handle is! This has been going on for months! I said something to him and he said that he just forgets. Ok, I make a cute little sign to hang on the wall behind the toilet. It says Do Not Forget To Flush. It worked for a few days, but I guess he got used to seeing it. He still doesn't flush! Uggg! I don't know what else to do. I keep telling him every time it happens and apparently it just goes in one ear and out the other. He will be 7 in a few days and he should be able to flush without being told! My 3 year old flushes every time! Ok, vent over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
southern_momof2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:26 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stinkerbelle28
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:28 AM
Lmao it must be the age my five year old does the same thing, it's soooooooo gross!
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:30 AM

maybe if you teased him that would make him care that he is leaving his crap in the toilet. 

mbrackett
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:31 AM

haha my 6 and 7 year old do this.  Drives me up a wall!!!!!  My 7 year old is not forgetting to wipe so when she is home I have been going with her.  I keep saying over and over the same thing...its been 6 months and it is still not getting through to her!  Good luck with yours lol.

kjfamily
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:33 AM
My six year old never flushes either! It's so embarrassing especially if company is over..!!! I just try to remind her or go in after her and flush.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southern_momof2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:34 AM
Thanks, at least I know I'm not alone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiddycat73
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:36 AM
I think it's the age...mine all did that too, it's just recently that Im not constantly all over them for it. They are 9, 10, and 12.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
texassahm
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:40 AM

My 7 and 9 yr old daughters regularly forget to flush.  They have been forgetting since they started public school.  I think it has a LOT to do with the automatic flushing toilets they have at school - By the end of the summer I have them trained to flush again, and then they forget everything when school starts - Which is how I made the correlation.

It annoys the fire out of me, too....and everyone else in the house - including my 13 yr old stepson who has to share a bathroom with them (I feel sorry for him).

Does your son's school have automatically flushing toilets?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)