Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

your thoughts?? .. a child at my daughters bus stop..

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:20 AM
  • 24 Replies

So, there is a little boy in 2nd grade that is at my daughters bus stop ( total there is 8 kids including my daughter and 4 parents) this little boys parent(s) let him come to the bus stop alone, cross the street alone-- where I have witnessed him almost get hit a few times, and then walk almost out in the street playing around before the bus comes...and he instigates, has kicked dirt at kids, and thrown snow- let me add, his mother used to walk him to the bus and informed everyone there that he is autistic.. this child has been taken into CYF care before because his parents were junkies-- I want to call the school to tell them what is going on because I don't feel it is safe for this child to be unattended. yes, there is other parents there and we wouldnt let him get hurt-- but at the same time it's not other parents responsibility... WWYD?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama07Shorty
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:22 AM

I would mention it to the school

jaytee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:22 AM
I'd say something to the parents at least. I agree that he shouldn't be unattended.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lanie_momofone
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:22 AM

If he is autistic and in grade 2...then i would be saying something to the school about it, that is not safe at all!. And you are right, it is not the other parents responsibility to be watching this little boy.

Jessiejack
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:23 AM

I would call the school to let them know what is going on.

spunky946
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:23 AM

I'd say something.  Does not seem safe at all.

paigesmommy5264
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:23 AM

I would say something except for I dont see them.. and dont know where they live..

Quoting jaytee:

I'd say something to the parents at least. I agree that he shouldn't be unattended.

sweetheart5703
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:24 AM

I don't understand how anyone can leave an elementary child unattended. My son is in first grade, and I drove him to school. My son will not ever walk, not while I am alive. If he has to take the bus, you bet your ass I would be standing there next to him. Too many pedophiles out. I don't understand these parents. They wait for something bad to happen. smh

MoonNStars

I would call the school for the childs safety.  In my town a child in elementary school must be supervised at the bus stop at all times.

massteria

I would talk to the parents first before going to the school.  I think that second grade is too young to be going to the bus stop alone unless it is really close to the home.  If the parents still see nothing wrong with it, then go to the school with your concerns.

LuckyMamaShawna
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:25 AM

I would say something to someone at the school as well. Although it is not other parents' responsibility, I would still look out for him. What if he got hurt somehow, or DID get hit by a car? No one would be thinking "it wasn't my responsibility" then. Something definitely needs to be said.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)