Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate you

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:50 AM
  • 9 Replies

Comcast, I hate you.

I called to pay my bill and the automated thing says "Your last payment of $0 was received on 1/1. Your balance is $400-something" What?!? I paid $280 (we missed a payment some months ago so I knew I owed for 2 months) BUT I know damn well that I paid you people since then and after I paid today my balance should be $0. So I speak with a customer service rep and she tells me I paid January and February today. WTF. I already paid for January people!! I did that on January 31, the same day I called to move our service to our new house. Well this woman on the phone keeps repeating that I just paid January and February and then I got hung up on.

So now I have to call back.

angry

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world."
-Richard Dawkins
"He who knows best knows how little he knows."
-Thomas Jefferson

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:51 AM

damn that sucks :(

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:52 AM

I hope you get that cleared up

phantomphan
by PrincessBcake on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM
I have never heard one good thing about Comcast. They sound just as bad as Time Warner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
futuremilf831
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:54 AM
Tell them you are going to Dish Network and they will do all they can to make it up to you! That's what they did to my grandma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Can you send something from your bank proving you paid it?

annas_momma
by 1 Crazy Momma β™₯ on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:57 AM

i would be pissed.       are you sure that they took the payment out of your bank account in january?

Ricanmami1
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:59 AM

BUMP!

-Shelley-
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Ok, I think it's settled, but I still don't like them lol.

What the idiot I spoke to first failed to mention is that bills are sent out in advance. What I just paid was for February and March, and the remaining balance is not due until APRIL. When I made the payment in January, it closed that account with our old address and nothing more was owed there.

The problem with their advanced billing though, is that I should not be paying 2 months at once, and their automated system was telling me that $280 was the minimum due, I thought I was making up a payment but there was no payment to make up. I'm still confused about that, but I think I'll save that one for my husband. I have a headache now.

-Shelley-
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:02 AM

I believe it's the same company. I hated Time Warner when we were in Ohio lol.

I want U-Verse or something else. We can't get Direct TV at my apartment :(

Quoting phantomphan:

I have never heard one good thing about Comcast. They sound just as bad as Time Warner.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world."
-Richard Dawkins
"He who knows best knows how little he knows."
-Thomas Jefferson

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)