Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mardi gras!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:13 AM
  • 14 Replies
Is mardi gras done where you live?? I'm in louisiana so its done up huge over here!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
art.diva
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:16 AM
Not really...but I'll still flash anyone I randomly see walking down the street..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommas3cubs
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Nope. IMO, It is an excuse for people to get drunk and act stupid, Kinda like New Years Eve and St Patricks day, I will pass thanks.

SWyvill
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:18 AM

I'm in Louisiana too, there is a parade this weekend :) and yeah it's done big lol

Peytonsmom6308
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Im in ST louis. Soulard does it up huge! :)

davisn1106
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:20 AM
Lol that's not done everywhere I'm 27 and I've never seen that before at any mardi gras event. But I do hope you enjoy your self and don't get any tickets!!

Quoting art.diva:

Not really...but I'll still flash anyone I randomly see walking down the street..lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zombiatarian
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:20 AM

I'm in Kansas City and I haven't ever noticed anything Mardi Gras related around here.  I actually don't even know when it is this year.

davisn1106
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:21 AM
What part of louisiana?

Quoting SWyvill:

I'm in Louisiana too, there is a parade this weekend :) and yeah it's done big lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
davisn1106
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:23 AM
March 8th but the parades and balls and all that started about 3 weeks ago here.

Quoting Zombiatarian:

I'm in Kansas City and I haven't ever noticed anything Mardi Gras related around here.  I actually don't even know when it is this year.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommas3cubs
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Quoting Zombiatarian:

Fat Tuesday is this coming Tuesday the 8th , Ash Wednesday is on the 9th.

davisn1106
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:29 AM
Its not that bad there's a lot of kid parades also and even a dog one here it can actually be a lot of fun. Don't get me wrong they do have some ppl who just get beyond stupid. This weekend there was a parade and a guy drove his truck through the baraceds(sp) down a closed road and hit a 3 year old and just kept driving. They eventually caught him and he's facing a ton of charges

Quoting mommas3cubs:

Nope. IMO, It is an excuse for people to get drunk and act stupid, Kinda like New Years Eve and St Patricks day, I will pass thanks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)