Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This was on invitation what does it mean

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:19 AM
  • 11 Replies
For a baby shower invite that i rec
There will be a wishin well
And it also said make a wish for the new mom to be
What does that mean?
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElmosWorld13
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:24 AM

BUMP!

HadleyAzure
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Toss a quarter in and make a wish? I have no idea. lol

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:25 AM

I would guess either a money/gift card holder  or a little thing where you write your best wishes and some piece of advice for the mommy to be.

Those are my two guesses.

alotta_fagina
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:26 AM
ummm probably you write your wish for the new mom to be on the invite ad when you get to the shower you put it in the slot of the wishing well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:31 AM
Either an unwrapped gift but it usually would say that. Sounds like a monetary donation like the have at weddings to stick ur money card into
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
massteria
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:33 AM

As was mentioned above, it means that they will have something set up for monetary gifts.  Gift cards can also be put in.  Usually, when stated in that manner, it means there will be a little decorated 'well' for guests to drop money/gift cards into instead of bringing gifts.  It is actually pretty common for baby showers and weddings, especially if it is not the first child.

FooLynRoo
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:35 AM
My sisters did a mothers little helper bassinett for my shower. All guest were told to bring a small unwrapped "must have" item they found helped them with their babies. I got a lot of great stuff. Chocolates, thermometerss burping bibs babysitting coupons lots of stuff it was fun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElmosWorld13
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:04 AM
Okay thanks i was goin to bring something she can use in hosp. Its her first baby. So im confused i have to bring gift off registry wishin well gift n gift for mom?
ElmosWorld13
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:22 PM

BUMP!

massteria
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:31 PM

It is mostly for people that either can't get things off the registry or to offset costs.  I knew a girl that had a 'wishing well' at her baby shower several years back.  A lot of people tend to get the less expensive things from a registry, the 'well' lets them add a little to a pot to help with larger items.  She got tons of onesies and blankets and such, but needed to get the larger furniture items..the well gave her enough money to get a 3 piece set from a local children's store. 

You don't have to do everything, just what you can.  If you can spare a few bucks to add to the well in addition to getting something she can use after the birth, great, but not required.

Quoting ElmosWorld13:

Okay thanks i was goin to bring something she can use in hosp. Its her first baby. So im confused i have to bring gift off registry wishin well gift n gift for mom?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)