Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good place for kids to donate money....

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:21 AM
  • 15 Replies

I am setting up my kiddos new allowance charts and they have slots for spend, save, share... I need a good organization to list for the Share section.... It will be a 5 year old and 4 year old donating and it wont be much but its the point of teaching them about giving.... Anyway, any suggestions for organizations????

CafeMom Tickers
COME JOIN THE FUN @ CONTESTS GALORE! Win cool prizes and participate in fun contests and games! CLICK HERE!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazynlove1207
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:22 AM

BUMP!

crazynlove1207
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:22 AM

BUMP!

spunky946
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:25 AM

What kind of causes are close to your heart?  Where do you donate to? 

auntietotty
by Elizabeth on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Instead of actually donating the money in the "share" section, have them go shopping with it..for OTHER people.

Have them use it to buy canned goods, then take them to a food pantry to donate it. Have them buy a toy and take it to a domestic violence place for a child there. That way they have more of a way of actually SEEING how their money is being shared. Instead of just "ok we're sending this money to such and such charity". Maybe there is an animal shelter they could buy food for...or some other type of dog/cat supplies?

crazynlove1207
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:35 AM

See, there is another section that says save and has two slots, in that section I put "piggy bank" and "gift".... But that is a good idea too! Especially the animal shelter!

Quoting auntietotty:

Instead of actually donating the money in the "share" section, have them go shopping with it..for OTHER people.

Have them use it to buy canned goods, then take them to a food pantry to donate it. Have them buy a toy and take it to a domestic violence place for a child there. That way they have more of a way of actually SEEING how their money is being shared. Instead of just "ok we're sending this money to such and such charity". Maybe there is an animal shelter they could buy food for...or some other type of dog/cat supplies?

CafeMom Tickers
COME JOIN THE FUN @ CONTESTS GALORE! Win cool prizes and participate in fun contests and games! CLICK HERE!

crazynlove1207
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Quoting spunky946:

I have been donating to the special olympics for YEARS and volunteering with them when I can... But I kinda wanted them to each have their own little "cause".... Hmmmmmm.

CafeMom Tickers

lilyrose73
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:44 AM
St. Jude's Children's Hospital
Humane society
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Then I would probably do something hands on like food to a food bank, or animal shelter.  They are more apt to understand that.  Or at christmas time have them adopt a child and buy a gift for that child.  It's great that you are starting so young with them.

Quoting crazynlove1207:

Quoting spunky946:

I have been donating to the special olympics for YEARS and volunteering with them when I can... But I kinda wanted them to each have their own little "cause".... Hmmmmmm.

pasteeater
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:02 AM

I bought a crochet magazine that had a kids thing like this.  Let me go find it.  I think it's a good thing you're doing.

pasteeater
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:10 AM

http://handmade4hospitals.webs.com/getinvolved.htm  They take donations as well as squares but since you're looking for monetary this is a good organization.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)