Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If we choose this name it will make for a fun story lol

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:27 AM
  • 19 Replies

We recently purchased a used minivan. We have to take it back to the dealership to fix some scratches in the paint (we knew they were there when we bought it, they're fixing it at no cost to us). My husband called me when he came across the van and then said he had an idea for a baby name, should baby be a girl.

The scratches in the side of the van spell out Sophie. lol The little girl of the previous owners wrote her name in the side of the car.

We were thinking Sophia maybe, but we like Sophie better. And if we end up using it, we'll have a story about how we picked it lol.

How did you pick your child's name?

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world."
-Richard Dawkins
"He who knows best knows how little he knows."
-Thomas Jefferson

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shaylyn318
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:29 AM

That's cute. I love the name Sophie. There is no special story with my kids names. We just liked them.

LCG83
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:31 AM
Aww that's cute! I hope you have a girl lol! I just always liked the name Jacob and dh agreed. =]
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeniprit74
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:31 AM

My DD is named after DH's grandmother, Olivia.

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Awww!
DD is named after MIL, Anisa.
Our next one will have a story if it's a boy! DD is obsessed with the name Yacoub. She herad it in a song and has been telling me for months that the baby in my belly is Yacoub, so we decided to name him that if we have a boy! We are TTC now :)

xxxAthena
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:35 AM

well..he was going to be Hunter but then when i was 20 weeks pregnant my husband came home and said "i was just told today i have 3 weeks to get everything in order, im leaving for Afghanistan to do some work in the boarder areas" it didn't have to do with his exact job but with the one he was doing when he went in 2004 to Iraq so he was being pulled since he had experience. so here i was pregnant with our first child, on the other side of the country from all our family and having only 3 weeks to process this and deal with wills and all that....I wont lie i was scared that he wouldn't come back so i suggested we name our son after him. now he is Robert junior...we call him RJ....oh and a week before he was supposed to leave....after we had already gone through all the rush...they canceled the mission. and no my husband does not know why i suggested he be a junior and i don't think i will ever tell him that.

-Shelley-
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:36 AM

I'm hoping for a boy. Just covering the bases lol.

Quoting LCG83:

Aww that's cute! I hope you have a girl lol! I just always liked the name Jacob and dh agreed. =]

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world."
-Richard Dawkins
"He who knows best knows how little he knows."
-Thomas Jefferson

Kodysmommy928
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:36 AM

My first son, Kody Alexander is named after a Matchbox 20 song and his middle name is a family name.  For my second son, Jackson Cash, I picked out Jackson from a baby book and Cash is for the late, great Johnny Cash.

momma-flynn
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:37 AM

cute name! my dd is named for the northern lights. 

OBImomma
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:37 AM
With dd I had a dream (before we knew she was a girl) and my great grandpa (who had died about 8 years before) put his hand on my preggo belly, amiled and said how beautiful of a baby girl I had. He stayed and talked/laughed for a while and as he was leaving he said "bye sweet Hannah". I woke up and told dh iur baby's name was Hannah.
When Hannah was born my grandma's watch died at the exact time Hannah was born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GonnaBMom
by Miss.Fortune on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:39 AM

I like this name ! its funny how you guys chose it :P For our first we were out of the ultrasound found out it was boy we argued on the way out of hospital.. hop on the bus.. (yeah we still haz no car for the moment) still arguing ... i liked Adrian and Edward (that was before that stopid twillight movie now i changed my mind on it lol) s/o wanted Tristan i liked the name too so i said Fine Tristan then.. but the next one I'M naming the baby the bus driver said to me while dropping off good luck with the baby lmao it made me laugh because i had a coat on and it was not really showing that i was pregnant underneath figured he heard us argue on the way home :P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)