Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am I going to wake up in pain?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:46 AM
  • 12 Replies

I'm going to be having oral surgery two wisdom teeth with bad cavities and two badly impacted wisdom teeth the sergeant will have to cut threw the bone i will be put to sleep..................soooooooooooooooo Will i wake up in pain? 

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.Mysterious
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:48 AM
Nope. But you will feel it shortly and for me it want that bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lcappytan05
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:50 AM

I woke up in pain...it wasn't as bad as what I felt the following day, but I'm not going to sugar coat it...you might be uncomfortable when you wake up.

bluebunbun
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:51 AM

i'm sooo scared like i'm thinking about not making the appointment and just dealing with the pain i'm in now.........

bluebunbun
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:52 AM

what pain med's did they give you? did they help?

Quoting lcappytan05:

I woke up in pain...it wasn't as bad as what I felt the following day, but I'm not going to sugar coat it...you might be uncomfortable when you wake up.

arielsmomma1020
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:55 AM

i had 2 wisdom teeth removed shortly after my daughter was born...they wanted to put me to sleep and I said no since i was bfing...all i had were the numbing shots and both were impacted...not much pain...make sure to get the shake afterwards it really helps with it.

bluebunbun
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:57 AM

the shake?..........you can get impacted wisdom teeth out without being put to sleep?????????

Quoting arielsmomma1020:

i had 2 wisdom teeth removed shortly after my daughter was born...they wanted to put me to sleep and I said no since i was bfing...all i had were the numbing shots and both were impacted...not much pain...make sure to get the shake afterwards it really helps with it.

lcappytan05
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Well, that information isn't really going to be helpful...lol. I'm in Germany, so they didn't prescribe me anything but 600mg ibuprofen. However, I went to the dental clinic on post and they gave me some percocet.

Quoting bluebunbun:

Quoting lcappytan05:

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

bluebunbun
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:59 AM

ok thanks :)

Quoting lcappytan05:

Well, that information isn't really going to be helpful...lol. I'm in Germany, so they didn't prescribe me anything but 600mg ibuprofen. However, I went to the dental clinic on post and they gave me some percocet.

Quoting bluebunbun:

Quoting lcappytan05:

lcappytan05
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:00 AM

If you have the option of being knocked out, I recommend it...lol.

and I think she's referring to an ice cream shake, it will help with swelling, but do NOT drink through a straw...you can get dry sockets.

Quoting bluebunbun:

the shake?..........you can get impacted wisdom teeth out without being put to sleep?????????

Quoting arielsmomma1020:

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

monkeyberry
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Don't put it off. You might be uncomfortable, but they should give you pain medicine. I had impacted teeth also and managed to get dry sockets as well. You will be ok. It's not a ton of fun, but you can cope. Just make sure you have help for a couple of days so you aren't trying to take care of everything yourself. You will probably sleep most of the first day anyway. You probably won't even remember waking up, if that helps! I know I didn't. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)