Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Is Your Story? (Meeting Your SO)

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:47 AM
  • 24 Replies

The song "Marry Me" by Train just came on and I was curious about what everyone's stories are.....

How did you meet the man or woman you love?

DH and I met online in May 2008. We chatted, but the time just wasn't right for us. For whatever reason, we stopped talking. In August 2008, I sent him a text message and we started talking again. We FINALLY met, in person, on August 22. We met at the theather, then went to Ruby Tuesdays for a drink. After that, we went to this mill that has a pond with ducks. We sat there for hours under the most beautiful sky, just talking. I wanted him to kiss me or something, but he didn't and I was worried he wasn't into me. When it was time to go, he grabbed me and told me he'd been wanting to kiss me all night and laid one on me. He asked me if I'd be his, I said yes. I felt like I'd known him all my life. The next night, he told me that he'd loved me since we first met online (yes, it IS possible). A few days later, he told me that were getting married and on Sept 18, 2008, we got married.

He is my best friend, my everything.....He completes me.....almost 3 years later, we are still madly in love. It feels like 30 years sometimes. I honestly can't remember my life without him.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lanie_momofone
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:55 AM

I met my SO when i was 4 and he was 9. So about 27 yrs ago...we lived in the same survey, his back door faced my front door. I was friends with his sister and had the biggest crush on him lol ...unfortunatly i didnt hide it as well as i thought! lol.

When i was 12, we moved to BC for three years...i kept in touch with his siter though, and when i moved back home ...i still talked to her. I was 21 when i got married, i had a child..and when DD was 15 months old we seperated on  July 30th, tried working it out while he lived elsewhere but on August 12th ( a day after our 2nd yr wedding anniversary) i had finally stopped denying that our marriage has never been what it should have been, and that i had lost feelings for him a long time before that.

we had a nationwide black ou  on August 13th 2003 and no power for three days, one the first day SO's sister came and got me and dd and took us to her parents house ( they had a generator). 

My SO was there (we had not seen eachother for 11 yrs).....we have been together ever since :) 

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:58 AM

My husband and I met online as well.I had just gotten out of a bad relationship and a friend talked me in to joining a dating site...I didn't think I'd meet anyone worth talking to,much less my soul mate!He messaged me minutes after I joined (he'd just joined as well) and we had our first date a week later and have been inseparable ever since.We married almost 6 months later,and just celebrated our 5 year anniversary!

_the.mrs_
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:12 AM

BUMP!

Bird16_J
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I met my bf thru a mutual friend. We started talking and would hang out at the bar together just talking and dancing. This went on for about a month when he FINALLY gave me his number. I texted him the next day and asked if he wanted to do something. So we went to the movies and then talked a little while and I went home. We talked every day for an hour after he got off work. He invited me to his christmas party that Friday so I went to the mall and got some stuff then I met him at a bar where he was with a bunch of friends. Talked and hung out for a bit and then went home again. On that Thursday I fibbed about having to go up to Colorado Springs again ( I wanted to see him but didn't wanna tell him in case he didn't like me lol) we met and had a drink and then went back to his place and watched some movies. I told him if he wanted to take the relationshiop to the next level that we needed to be bf/gf and he was like ok that's fine lol and from there we've been together and haven't been apart in the 4 months that we've been together. We live together unofficially right now but this summer we plan to move in officially and we want to get married and see about adding to our family! I love him so much he's the other half of my soul and I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with him and take care of him.

JAMom07
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:22 AM
My DH was friends with one of my little sisters and we started a friendship in 2002. In Jan of 06 we started dating and 6 months later we were married. Have been together almost 5 years and still very happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FricknFrack
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:29 AM

My husband and I met when we were in diapers.  His mom and my mom were best friends.  They were always high or leaving us with some worthless loser so we learned to really rely on each other.  We dumpster dived, pan handled and begged at the church together.  In school we were both outcasts.  We were both more into reading and studying so we could get out of our hell than making friends.  Over the years we realized what we had was love.  

We made a vow at 13 to marry each other and to leave where we lived and never come back.  We did just that my husband was brilliant so he basically skipped high school it was very lonely for me but at 18 he was back for me and we got married at the courthouse.  He was working on his Masters and I started college.  We had a rough first year of marriage but the next 19 years have been amazing.  He doesn't complete me I am a whole person on my own he does compliment me as a person and really is the love of my life. 

ednaamelia
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:30 AM
Hubby and i met at a fair. Both of our grnmothers live in the same small town in Mexico and we were both visiting our gms. We were both with cousins and saw each other and just connected, he came up to me and introduces himself. We were together the rest of that night and before night was over he gave me my first Kiss!!! We didn't start dating right away he lived about 6hrs away conected but after 9 yrs we have a beautiful life together,married w/ 2 beautiful children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethmoore71
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:33 AM

I'm glad that I opened up your post to read this. Tonight's my first date with Randy. We met in a Meetup(dot)com group all about dining out and chatting. We hit it off immediately at the first meetup, and again chatted for a long time at my second meetup. We've been emailing each other, calling & texting. We've got TONS in common, and have awesome conversations. I'm attracted to him. I could continue talking about this all, but I'm afraid to obsess over it.

I'm 39, and stopped searching for The One a few years ago. Yahoo Personals was my avenue of choice, and I got sick of it all. I gave up my dream of finding HIM, especially before my biological clocked stopped ticking.

xxxAthena
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:34 AM

I was 3 weeks from turning 19, a bartender at Hooters and working my first shift on a Sunday Morning. He was a 27 year old Marine fresh back from Iraq who had just gotten stationed in my home town. He came in as soon as we opened and all he wanted was a coffee and to read his newspaper. I was intimidated by him..which was odd because in my shorty shorts i wasn't worried about men that came in..they were easy to deal with..he just seemed...intense lol. The second time he came in i looked at my friends and said "you see that man right there...im going to marry him"  3 months later we were living together and 2 years after we met we were married. we have been together for almost 6 years...i love him...he is awesome :)

ETA- when i was helping him pack his stuff form his place a year after we had been living together i found the receipt from the very first time he came to hooters...he kept it because it had my name on it and the day we met ;P awww

SilentMermaid
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Nothing special here....I worked with my husband. He was one of my best friends. Our relationship came naturally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)