Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need ideas!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:50 AM
  • 19 Replies

We're gonna be getting our family portraits done soon and I wanted to do something cute. Should I get the three girls matching dresses or should I get them the same dress in different colors? I was kinda thinking about the jeans and a white or black top? Any suggestions!?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spunky946
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:50 AM

We did jeans and white tops for all of us when we got our pictures taken.

chelebele05
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Quoting spunky946:

We did jeans and white tops for all of us when we got our pictures taken.

That's what I was thinking, But my SO pretty much only wears black so we'd have to do the black tops. Hmmm I dont know what to do! lol Its our first family portrait ever.

kmrtigger
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:01 AM

We've did jeans, with red shirts and a flag background for all the kids(nieces, nephews and cousins) once as a gift for the grandparents.

And for family we did all red shirts, blue jeans and kids had bib overhauls(they were little) and a in the country themed back round.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:03 AM

I like white tops with khakis or jeans. Unless you have really fair skin color.White can wash  you out.  Light blue usually works for everyone, as does pink, sky blue and eggplant(purple). I like the matching dresses idea. Red also almost always looks great.I would choose by picking a color that looks good on you. Then put the same color on the rest of the family or the color that is to the right or left on a color wheel.  Go luck and be sure to show us after.

chelebele05
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Oh I bet that was cute!

Quoting kmrtigger:

We've did jeans, with red shirts and a flag background for all the kids(nieces, nephews and cousins) once as a gift for the grandparents.

And for family we did all red shirts, blue jeans and kids had bib overhauls(they were little) and a in the country themed back round.

malissaL
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:04 AM

white dresses for the girls, white collared shirts with khaki's  for the boys and a white blouse for you..on a white background would be very pretty..I used to work for Lifetouch portraits and I always liked black on black or white on white. that big picture looks great on a wall year round (unlike a spring background or holiday background) 

Its my body and I'll do what I want to.

Kodysmommy928
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:04 AM

I think some plain white cotton dresses would be really beautiful.  I'll see if I can get some pics for you.

chelebele05
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Well, we all have blue eyes,except for my 7yo she has hazel...I was thinking either blue or black...im pretty fair skinned and so is the rest of the family...Darn winter! lol So I dont know how well white will look.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I like white tops with khakis or jeans. Unless you have really fair skin color.White can wash  you out.  Light blue usually works for everyone, as does pink, sky blue and eggplant(purple). I like the matching dresses idea. Red also almost always looks great.I would choose by picking a color that looks good on you. Then put the same color on the rest of the family or the color that is to the right or left on a color wheel.  Go luck and be sure to show us after.

chelebele05
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Ya, black! Notice the black trend I have lol. We're all blondes so it would show up better too.

Quoting malissaL:

white dresses for the girls, white collared shirts with khaki's  for the boys and a white blouse for you..on a white background would be very pretty..I used to work for Lifetouch portraits and I always liked black on black or white on white. that big picture looks great on a wall year round (unlike a spring background or holiday background) 

chelebele05
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Thank you so much!

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

I think some plain white cotton dresses would be really beautiful.  I'll see if I can get some pics for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)