Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you dye your hair?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:04 AM
  • 27 Replies

Do you use store bought or do you go to a salon? If you go to a salon how much does it cost you?

I have only went to a salon once to fix a mess up dye job. I was dying my hair blonde and it cam out orange. Don't remember the cost. Other than that I use at home dye. I have been thinking about getting it done professionally though. I just have to call around and find out what the prices are here.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zombiatarian
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:05 AM

I go to a salon for highlights.  It costs 110 dollars the first time I got and then for the 6-8 week up keep it costs 75.

desert.girl
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:06 AM

BUMP!

HippieMomma08
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:06 AM

It's usually about $120=160 for a cut and color for me. I get my hair done at a salon like twice a year. It's more about the whole 'beauty day' for me. I'm a licensed cosmetologist so I cut and color my own hair when it needs it.

xxxAthena
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:06 AM

i used to do it at home...i was doing black. i had to go get it stripped out at the salon..it cost about 120.00 and it still didnt come all the way out but it lightened up some. now its dark brown and im letting it grow out on its own. i think naturally im a medium brown...at least i was about 8 years ago soooo we will see lol. after it all grows out if i am turning grey i will just dye it to what it naturally is.

crazynlove1207
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:07 AM

I do it at home... Maybe once a year I go to salon for highlights, but it is too expensive to do on regular basis.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Salon o nly.The bottle may be cheaper but it usually loks it too.  the salon I go to charges $40 for color, 7 per foil in addition to the $40.

Zoeysmommy1023
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:08 AM

I go to a salon. It costs like 60 for me, it has to be bleached first, then the dye. It takes 4 long hours and it sucks...I have a tender head too so it hurts so bad whens he has to part it piece by piece.

Memere4
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:08 AM

I started turning gray at 21 so I've been home dyeing my hair since then and I'm 47.

I keeping thinking of going to a salon but I hate people touching my hair and I've been disappointed in the past when I've gone there for cuts.

When I'm 50 I'm letting all the gray out which is about 80%. I'm tired of dyeing my hair.

trist22
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:09 AM

I've been dying my hair for so long I don't know the original color!!! Anyway when I go to a salon it can cost me anywhere between 100 and 200 dollars.. so.. I do occasionally color at home ( even though salon is preferred!)

peachwine
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I was big into coloring my hair years ago, but after I messed up my hair I got it cut really short twice last year, and now its like I have brand new healthy hair. Its so soft I hate to lose that. I have colored it once with the stuff that washes out in 28 shampoos..and thats it.  I think I am only going to touch it up every now and then, but with nothing harsh.  I might try something to just add shine..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)