Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gotta take ds to ER =/

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:09 AM
  • 16 Replies
Ds is 2.5 and sick. He has an upper respiratory infection and an ear infection. They put him on prednisolone cuz he's having a hard time breathing.

Today he's worse. He's coughing so bad he's puking and turning purple and blue during the coughing episodes. I called his pulmonologist and told them everything and they heard him in the background and they said they couldn't do anymore in office and needed the ER. So waiting for dh to get home and we're headed to the ER. I'm really worried. He sounds so bad and feels awful. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
windi85
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Hope he feels better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:17 AM
Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
My_4_cuties_08
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Quoting windi85:

.moonstone.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Quoting windi85:

[-Rape does not rule me. It does not define me. I am not its victim nor its prey; I am its survivor and the acts forced upon my once fragile body will not defeat me. I may be scarred, both physically and emotionally by violence, but I am not weak, I am not alone, I am not damaged. These marks tell a story and and are testament of a past I triumphed over.-]

AngeLnChainZ
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Just a word of advice if he is that bad off and your ER is as bad as ours is, call paramedics and let them take him in so you're not having to sit and wait and allow the child to be miserable in the waiting area.

Best of luck, hope he gets to feeling better soon!

azpreemiemom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Hope he feels better soon. The children's hospitals are seeing record admits for Flu and RSV.

misselphaba
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Sorry!  My daughter had coughing like that when she was 2 months old and had pertussis.  Scary to see their little lips turn blue while they are coughing.  Hope he gets better fast!

Cindy1023
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:24 AM

I was going to say have him checked for RSV.  I've heard a lot of small children and infants having  lately.  My son had it at 2 months old and had to be admitted to the hospital, but he was out in 2 days.  I just recommended this to another mother at the place I paint, for her 6 mo old, and sure enough, he had it.  She was going to wait til Monday (it was Friday) to bring him to the doctors, and changed her mind and took him to the ER on Friday evening, he was put on a nebulizer and sent him but is breathing much better.   Hope everything turns out ok.

Quoting azpreemiemom:

Hope he feels better soon. The children's hospitals are seeing record admits for Flu and RSV.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Praying.....been there done that so many times. It is so scary....update when you can.  It is so hard to watch them struggle for air and be so sick.  Hugs and prayers.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Oh and I agree if you need to call an ambulance...you WILL have less of a wait.  My son was like that once and we waited 8 hours after being sent there by our peditrician...when they got him in...he was just shy of being intubated!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)