Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Q for older moms who married & had kids later.

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:11 AM
  • 7 Replies

Did you look & look for Mr. Right for years, then finally give up searching...then meet HIM? Did you get this feeling when you met and started getting to know each other, that you finally found HIM?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bethmoore71
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:19 AM

I'm asking because of my personal situation.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:23 AM

I was happy being single and by no means looking when I met my husband. I was 33 I believe, we met on a Friday, had a date on that Saturday and have been together ever since almost 7 years now, married for 5.

bethmoore71
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:46 AM

During my early-to-mid 30's I serial dated via Yahoo Personals & bars/nightclubs, so much that I became sickened of the whole dating scene. I stopped that in 2008, and rarely even socialize period. Last year I decided to join Meetup to get out and socialize in non-hookup environments, and in July I joined a Dining Out group in the town I live in. I went to one meetup, at a restaurant, and chatted the whole time with one particular guy. We had tons in common, so we had a great conversation that lasted almost 2 hours. He contacted me through Meetup, and we emailed a little before I decided to attend another event. This time it was happy hour at a pub. Again, he and I had a fantastic conversation that lasted well over an hour (until I needed to leave to get home to make a late dinner). We've been emailing, phoning & texting each other, and decided to get together outside Meetup. Tonight is our first date! Dinner and a movie, and he's picking me up at work. I feel sparks, and I hope it's just a matter of time before finding out if it's mutual.

Quoting lapcounter:

I was happy being single and by no means looking when I met my husband. I was 33 I believe, we met on a Friday, had a date on that Saturday and have been together ever since almost 7 years now, married for 5.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Good luck :)

futureshock
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:03 PM

I actually met my husband pretty quickly after I got serious about finding Mr. Right.  I wasted a lot of time dating men who could not support a family.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:04 PM

And I didn't realize how many there were til I joined Cafe Mom!

Quoting futureshock:

I actually met my husband pretty quickly after I got serious about finding Mr. Right.  I wasted a lot of time dating men who could not support a family.

It's not the home I love, but the life that is lived here.
bethmoore71
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:17 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)