Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone bank with USAA?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

We are thinking about switching banks. Right now our bank is located in Ohio. We are not in Ohio. We have had this bank for 8 years so its going to be hard to leave them considering we have never had a issue with them, but we need something that is a little easier for us to use. We would switch to a local bank but the chance is there for us to move in 2 years so we don't want to do that and be back in the same situation.

We know USAA offers checking and from what i can see it has a lot of good perks to it. So i want to know what you all who have USAA think. Let me know..the good the bad the ugly.

lol

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Justine1123
by Justine on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:09 PM
My parents are retired military they use it and my sister who's military uses it to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2OwFe
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:11 PM

I like it, never had any problems.  we move a lot (military) and it's wonderful having a bank that's set up for that kind of lifestyle.  it's extremely easy to change everything when you move.  some people don't like not being able to walk into a bank but I don't mind; the customer service is always great (they're on TX time).  We have our insurance with them as well which just simplifies everything.

mackQuin
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Quoting Mommy2OwFe:

I like it, never had any problems.  we move a lot (military) and it's wonderful having a bank that's set up for that kind of lifestyle.  it's extremely easy to change everything when you move.  some people don't like not being able to walk into a bank but I don't mind; the customer service is always great (they're on TX time).  We have our insurance with them as well which just simplifies everything.

Our USAA products are as follows:

we have had 1 car loan, we currently have a car loan, we have 2 credit cards, home loan, home insurance, car insurance and we finaced our RV through them but that is paid off now. lol. the only thing we really dont' have through them is a checking and savings.

Stephanie808
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:19 PM

we have rental ins and veh ins thru them, savings, checking, and a credit card, we had a car loan thru them but we paid it off....I love them and have never had a problem. And I love that I can cash a check on my phone!

JenB1983
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:20 PM

We've just switched over and started actually banking with USAA.  We've had our car insurance and renter's insurance with them for a little over a year.  I've honestly never heard anyone complain about them, so I'm hopeful.  LOL

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Their bank is great. We used to bank with them but i hate their insurance.

-Shelley-
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:22 PM

We bank with them. The only issue I have is that we have to mail in deposits, which isn't really THAT big of a deal since we don't often get paper checks, but things can get lost in the mail and I'm just impatient lol.

joshlor2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:34 PM

They are AWESOME we have a credit card and checking account thru them. We have also had home and car insurance and a car loan thru them. ....they have good rates, and mobile banking...I can take a picture of a check with my iphone and it will be automatically deposited into my account. or if I didn't have an iphone i could scan it and it would deposit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)