Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do if your DH scolded you and went on and on and on

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:05 PM
  • 93 Replies

in front of friends or family. my DH will preach for hours and not let it go, if he's upset the whole world knows. i usually just ignore him and say if i ignore him he will stop. i decided next time he does it i dont care who it is, family his or mine, friends his or mine, im going to get up and say we are going home because your acting like a child, and if he refuses to leave i get in the car and go and apologize to whoever is standing there and say sorry but he is acting like a child he needs to go home. should i do this next time? what would you do? i know i know most women on here would not tolerate this behavior! easier said than done, my DH has  a very strong dominating personality no one wins with him, no one!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abbysmommy429
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:07 PM

I'm not sure because that would never happen w/ my DH.

I wouldn't address it in front of everyone, so I would talk to him about respect when we got home.

momma-flynn
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:07 PM

wow. we have friends that are like that & it's very uncomfortable to be around. my dh usually lets stuff go. 

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Not sure because my husband is an adult and treats me with respect.

RosellaBella
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:09 PM

I imagine it is uncomfortable. im usually embarrassed for him! i do tell him to have self control and respect for me esp in front of others. but he doesnt listen hes just obnoxious!

Quoting momma-flynn:

wow. we have friends that are like that & it's very uncomfortable to be around. my dh usually lets stuff go. 

xxxAthena
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:10 PM

mine did this ONCE when we were dating..we were in front of his friends..i said "look dude, just because you are in front of your friends doesn't mean you need to be putting up a front by acting like an asshole...no one is impressed" was it harsh...yep...did it work? absolutely.

Bennett121
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:10 PM
My husband treats me as his equal so that would never happen. I wouldn't marry someone who felt the need to "scold" me alone, much less in front of anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AshMomToShawn
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:10 PM

I honestly have no idea how I would react to that aside from telling him he was making a damn fool of himself. My SO is the opposite, it's almost scary how zen he is when he's upset.  

ddhb2007
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:11 PM

I'd leave.  My husband and I disagree, but he doesn't degrade me in front of others.  I have no tolerance for people behaving in that manner.  Which is why I may end up in hot water this summer when my brother-in-law stays for a week.  It wouldn't take much to have me telling him where he can shove it.

AngeLnChainZ

I'd apologize to whoever had to hear his childish rant and leave him if he didn't want to go right then. He wants to act like a child, treat him like a child.

Johns_Gal

That's what my SMIL  does. Her DH is much better now.

I'm unclear; is he insulting you, or just blasting his opinion

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)