Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two Ways Women Can Help End Sexism

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:08 PM
  • 12 Replies

Two Ways Women Can Help End Sexism

Posted in Rants with tags , , on March 2, 2011 by crazylikeafoxx

Let me start by saying that I am a white male, age 18-54.  So, my group of people have done more than their fair share of contributing to the plague of sexism in our society.  There are many things that we, as a group, need to do in order end sexism.  The way men have kept women from being true equals in society for decades is a horrible thing, and needs to change. But this isn’t really about that.

This blog points out  just a couple ways in which women can help themselves in the struggle for equality.

1. For the love of God, stop tearing each other down. At times, it seems like women are their own biggest enemies.

What do I mean? Well, I am very glad you asked.  Lets take a very common (and true) reason why women feel oppressed in the world today.  ”Men just view women as sex objects.” We have all heard that before, and sad to say, yes a lot of men do hold this view.  However, so many women help to keep this fact alive.

I am talking about the mother who looks at her daughter return from a year at college and says “Oh honey, it looks like you’ve gained a little weight.”Or the one that says “Do you really want to wear that out? It makes your skin look so pale and gross.”

Women are mad at society (and rightly so), for having to live up to this expectation of beauty, but can’t teach their own daughters the meaning of true self respect.

Now, you may be thinking to yourself, “This guy is totally full of shit, what a fucking stupid and esoteric example.”  Well, to that I say, “Hold your horses, potty mouth, I have another example coming up right now.”

Here is another common thing I have heard when the topic of sexism comes up.  ”How come a man can have sex as much as he wants, but when a woman does it, she is called a slut?”  (this one hits a little closer to home, yes?)

Here is where I am going to make a few people mad.  Be mad at me all you like, but the following is true:

THE REASON THAT WOMEN ARE CALLED SLUTS IS BECAUSE OTHER WOMEN CALL THEM SLUTS.

Ill let you read that again.  Go ahead. Ill wait. Got it? Good, now before you light those torches and form a mob, let me explain.

Contrary to popular belief, dudes really don’t care very much about womens sexual promiscuity.  Oh sure, we may call a girl who “gets around” a slut, but it is almost never used as an insult.  In fact, the ONLY times a guy will use the term “slut” in the pejorative is either A. When a spouse/girlfriend sleeps with someone else, or B. When someone a guy really likes and or wants to have sex with is not interested in them.  In both those cases, the amount and frequency of the woman in question’s sexual escapades have little to nothing to do with it.   We men just know that the word “slut” really hurts them, so we say it. Kinda like how when a woman is spurned she will say the dude has a tiny dick, or has a problem with “staying power”.

How many times have you heard a girl say “Oh I heard So and So had sex with Wilbur. She is such a fucking slut, I can’t believe her.”?  The answer: Not that much, as dudes named Wilbur don’t have a lot of sex, but you get my point.

One more quick thing before I move on to the next point.  If your man cheats on you, it is all his fault. I will say that again, in all caps: IT IS ALL HIS FAULT.  Unless the girl he cheated with is an immediate family member, or your best friend, you should NEVER  blame the girl.  You did not enter into a bond of loving trust with this other woman, but you DID enter into one with the man.

I have seen so many women get cheated on, and then maybe they break up with their man, maybe not.  However, almost every time they hate the other woman with a fiery passion for the rest of her natural life.  They will accept the man back, but go visit a Voodoo Priestess to get a curse put on the other woman.   Your fight should be with the man, (almost) never the other woman.

So, now that you kinda get the idea of the first way women can end sexism, let me move on to the second way.  Pay attention Ladies, this is a big one.

2. STOP FUCKING ASSHOLE DOUCHE BAGS WHOSE CARING FOR YOU EXTENDS ABOUT AS FAR AS YOUR CUP SIZE.

We all know the type of guys I am talking about. Just stop having sex with them. Quite it. Stop rewarding their behavior! You wonder why  us men treat women like they are beneath us? Because you have sex with the dudes that treat you like that! I cannot tell you the number of strong, intelligent, beautiful women that go for complete Alpha Male pricks that treat them like shit.  Then, when the man inevitably breaks their heart they turn to their friends for comfort.  Of course all of her friends knew way in advance that this would happen, but none of them spoke up.  When you see one of your friends about to fuck something stupid, SPEAK UP. You want to be treated well? Then date (or fuck) the guy that treats you well.  I guarantee you, if all women were to get together and decide not to have sex with selfish arrogant pricks, there would be no more arrogant pricks left on the planet in about 60 years.

I propose there be some sort of penalty system for when your friend has sex with one of these guys.  Maybe you stop talking to them or beat them with a sock full of pennies or something, I don’t know.  I don’t have all the answers.

That is all I have on this subject.  I hope you can see past the sarcasm and poking fun and take something away from this little rant.  If not, then hopefully you at least had a good time reading it.

Your Friendly Lunatic,

Likeafoxx

http://lunaticsguidetosanity.wordpress.com/

Thoughts?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:09 PM

I 100% agree!

.shank.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:11 PM
Lol if everyone listened to this, CM would get shut down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmchoney
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:13 PM

ehhhh I agree with the "tearing each other down", but thats on the individual who they fuck.

Ataemommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Quoting .shank.:

Lol if everyone listened to this, CM would get shut down.

Bwahahahaha. That's way too true.

Ataemommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Bump! My best friend wrote this, by the way.

Ataemommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:14 PM

I can't wait to beat my women friends with a sock full of pennies.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:15 PM

yup....   good luck changing people though!

txsDva
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

I 100% agree!

Definitely!!!!

" it aint what they calls you....its what you answer to."

madaea...

txsDva
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Unless the girl he cheated with is an immediate family member, or your best friend, you should NEVER  blame the girl.  You did not enter into a bond of loving trust with this other woman, but you DID enter into one with the man.

I have been saying this my ENTIRE life!!

" it aint what they calls you....its what you answer to."

madaea...

1likeme
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:20 PM

Hold on a sec, I gotta go stuff some socks........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)