Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Kentucky mommas that can help?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:09 PM
  • 12 Replies
We are surprising the boys and taking them to Dino World this weekend. Have you been there?

We are from northern IN, and don't know what else there is to do with kids (ages 7 and 3).

What's the weather like down there? It's freakin 35ish degrees here. So anything over 50 is like a heatwave! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Delirium003
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:14 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:42 PM

You could go to weatherbug and put in that area of kentucky to see.

jjones0461
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:43 PM
It's warm here today. You should take them to mammoth cave. That is a very enjoyable trip!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delirium003
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:45 PM
In your experience...is mammoth cave a claustrophobia inducing kind of place? Lol! I know, weird question...but tight places freak me out!

If not, I'm sooo looking into that! It will be a first time experience for my husband and kids too :)

Quoting jjones0461:

It's warm here today. You should take them to mammoth cave. That is a very enjoyable trip!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Sorry I have no ideas but I'm bumping your post bc we will be moving to Ft. Campbell this summer & would love some ideas as well.

Hope you have fun & oh I know all about cold weather. We are in PA w/35* weather here so yup 50 is awesome!lol

jjones0461
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:47 PM
Not at all. It is wide and open. There is one place called "fat man's squeeze" but it's just one small area you go through.And I am pretty sure you don't even have to take that trail if you don't want to. The rest is very open.

Quoting Delirium003:

In your experience...is mammoth cave a claustrophobia inducing kind of place? Lol! I know, weird question...but tight places freak me out!

If not, I'm sooo looking into that! It will be a first time experience for my husband and kids too :)

Quoting jjones0461:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SilentMermaid
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:47 PM

If I remember correctly, Mammoth Cave does have some tours that are not anxiety-provoking if you are claustrophobic. I loved Mammoth Cave as a kid!

jjones0461
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:48 PM
It really is a neat place to go!!

Quoting SilentMermaid:

If I remember correctly, Mammoth Cave does have some tours that are not anxiety-provoking if you are claustrophobic. I loved Mammoth Cave as a kid!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delirium003
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:49 PM
That sounds like a plan then! Hopefully it doesn't rain though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NonnyRenee
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:50 PM
Dino world is lots of fun, my boys absolutely loved it and we spent a whole day there. But it's supposed to rain this weekend down here (I'm in bowling green ky) its going to be warm though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)