Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st amendment protects funeral protestors

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:19 PM
  • 6 Replies
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Kaelaasmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:20 PM
The First Ammendment protects all speech, not just popular speech.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissLeanna
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Yep, I think while they do have a freedom to speak and say what they want, it shouldnt be done at a funeral.

lcappytan05
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:22 PM

First off, as much as I hate to say this, freedom of speech covers everyone. If we start censoring what people can say, this country is going to go even further down the shitter.

Second, I'm a military spouse and I don't agree with WBC at all. Actually they tried to protest a military funeral in my hometown that was held for a guy I went to school with...the people in my town ran them out really quick.

Third, there is another post that has the full article already (just in case you didn't know).

momx21980
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:23 PM

I think this group is sick and wrong on ALL levels but the first admendment does cover all speech.  :(

MissLeanna
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:24 PM

I agree and no I didnt know i just got on here lol thank you though!

Quoting lcappytan05:

First off, as much as I hate to say this, freedom of speech covers everyone. If we start censoring what people can say, this country is going to go even further down the shitter.

Second, I'm a military spouse and I don't agree with WBC at all. Actually they tried to protest a military funeral in my hometown that was held for a guy I went to school with...the people in my town ran them out really quick.

Third, there is another post that has the full article already (just in case you didn't know).

babies

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:27 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)