Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do people do this!!(Pit Post)*Update*

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:19 PM
  • 8 Replies

So Im a vet tech and great dane rescuer. Well I was walking down the street saw a sign for free puppies.(i offer spay and neuter contracts and offer to give shots when i see these adds because free means usually they have nothing. )

I call and she has pure pit bull puppies. *mistake* litter and now just wants them gone. No shots or anything she didnt care what happened to them as long as they left. She only has one left so im going to get him vaccinate him neuter and then rehome him.

It makes me so mad and sad that people would just breed then not even care what happens. Especially this breed! She sent me pics of the parents whom are both owned by her and they are definate Pit Bull. Im going to offer to spay and neuter her dogs for free as well. I dont know that she will take me up on it but im going to ask.

Why do people breed and then just dump? Especially this breed. I just dont understand. isent it cheaper and easyer and less of a mess to just get your pets fixed. Instead she will have to clean up after the 9 pups she had plus feed them all unless they are outdoor but she still has to feed them. I dont understand people! And I bet in a few months I will see a sign up again for her puppies and Ill have to help again because if i dont then i just know they will go to homes and be bred as well.

Update

Got the puppy. He is so little but he is MEAN!! I understand being in a new place him being scared. But he is already growling at my 2 year old. I reached down and picked him up and he litterally turned and tried to bite me. screaming his head off. Im so sad that i have no idea what has been done to him. He is out playing with my 4 month old puppy so they are happy but anytime i try to grab him he growls and tries to bite. Not sure what im going to do with him. Im going to hold interviews and he is to small to be neutered so it will be awhile before he leaves me so he will be trained and all before then. Hope he stops his biting. And he is definatly not pure. I think her male is definatly not the dad of these puppies as he looks lab and has a little bit longer fur. He is def not full pit Oh and she did not take me up on the offer to get her animals fixed

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
armywifenmom09
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:25 PM

No idea. I take in a lot of free pups... Especially Pits and Pit mixes

Right now I have 2 Pit mixes.... both of which were being given away.

Jenniejen77
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:25 PM

I don't know why. It makes me sad. You are a good person for helping her and the pups out. I hope she gets them fixed.

C8linVilla
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:46 PM

She will be here with the puppy in about 5 min so we will see what happens

EthansMomma129
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Both of my dogs were from people who couldn't take care of them. Ones a pit blank lab mix and ones a boxer mastiff mix. Both are from breeds that people have issues with and dont treat well in the area I live in. It breaks my heart to think about what my baby girls endured before we got them and what they could have lived through. I commend you for what your doing. Hopefully she takes you up on your very generous offer.

C8linVilla
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:34 PM

bump for update

dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:59 PM

:o( poor pup. he obviously hasnt had many positive experiences with people. :o( i think its great you do what you do, though.

we have 3 dogs...our rottie/lab mix, bosco, we got from my husbands friends inlaws for free. it was a "mistake" litter, too. they had the lab, the male rottie belonged up the road. bosco was the last puppy left, about 3 months old, and they had him in a little--about 12x12--pen in their yard, he never got to come out, and they never went in. they stuck a water hose through the fence to fill his bucket when it was low, the water was nasty and dirty and had bugs in it. they threw him scraps and leftovers over the fence. he had fleas and worms and his hair was falling out. i hadnt planned on getting a dog any time soon, but i couldnt resist. he wanted out to play soooo bad! so we took him home...hes now 7.5, and the most awesome kids dog we've ever had. he cant play very much anymore, as the vet said, he was dealt a very shitty genetic hand. his retinas started deteriorating when he was 3, hes now mostly blind in his left eye. he has bad hips, and he cant hear for shit. he has sensitive skin and a sensitive stomach. hes a mess but hes MY mess. lol he still loves to play, he just tires more easily now.

we got our pit, dosia, when he was about 8 wks old, from our neighbor where we used to live. he kept the mother in a pen about like boscos was, and never paid much attention to her or the puppies. dosia was so..nervous..about being around people when we got him..he chewed his nails and would scratch himself in one spot til he bled, i had to put small tshirts on him so he couldnt tear himself up. once he got used to us he was fine...hes almost 6 now. the guy got rid of all but 3 or 4 of the puppies...one day he let them loose, and left...we didnt know he or his gf wasnt there, bc someone was ALWAYS there, even when the cars werent. but they never came back...the pups were eventually caught by animal control, i couldnt catch them at all. they were so scared being handled by people that they were peeing on themselves and puking. :o( the mama dog was left in her pen for that whole week with no food and very little water. she never howled, barked, nothing. just waited for him to come back. i felt like shit when i found out they left her. the guys brother ended up taking her. dosia has been a great dog. im glad at least one out of the litter got a good life.

we got abby, our chiweenie, from the pound at about 5 mths. shes a stubborn little shit. lol shes 2 now. she is terrified of men, and if a man even speaks loud in her direction, she starts shaking and runs to her crate. she used to piss everywhere, but she doesnt anymore...it took her a while to warm up to my husband...but she has for the most part. if he makes a sudden move or talks too loud, she still runs. idk what happened to her the first 5 months of her life to make her so terrified of men, but she has gradually accepted that she is safe here. pound puppies make me sad. :o(

two4one
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:03 PM

That woman is a piece of trash, pure and simple. No freaking heart. Thank you for doing all the good you do!

MomX3LJC
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Poor pup. I hope you get everything sorted out with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)