Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two US Airmen shot in Frankfurt, Germany

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:21 PM
  • 32 Replies

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/02/shots-fired-bus-carrying-soldiers-germany/

Two U.S. Airmen Reportedly Killed in Shooting at Germany's Frankfurt Airport

Published March 02, 2011

| FoxNews.com

March 2: Police surround a bus carrying U.S. military personnel at the site where two U.S. airmen have been killed in a shooting in front of Terminal 2 of the Frankfurt airport, Germany.

AP

March 2: Police surround a bus carrying U.S. military personnel at the site where two U.S. airmen have been killed in a shooting in front of Terminal 2 of the Frankfurt airport, Germany.

DEVELOPING: Two U.S. airmen were killed in a shooting at Germany's Frankfurt airport. Two other people were reportedly injured.

The incident occurred when a man reportedly opened fire on a bus carrying U.S. military personnel.

German authorities arrested a 21-year-old suspect from Kosovo. They have not ruled out a possible terrorist link in the shootings.

Kosovo Interior Minister Bajram Rexhepi says German police have identified the suspect who is in custody as Arif Uka, a Kosovo citizen from the northern town of Mitrovica.

A military official in Europe tells Fox News the airmen that were killed were on their way to be deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan.

Chancellor Angela Merkel says Germany will do "everything possible" in its investigation of the shooting of American servicemen.

An airport spokesman Wednesday's shooting took place in front of Terminal 2 of what is continental Europe's second-biggest hub. He declined to be named in line with policy

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephanie808
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:23 PM

OH god thats horrible!

Je_Jette_Poo
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:25 PM

I know!

I feel so bad for their families =(

I also read on another site that the bus driver was killed as well. I don't know how true that is though.

conweis
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Danger started even before they get to the war zone. 
simple frown 

Ktkazblake
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:32 PM

That is terrible, I feel so bad for their families

Je_Jette_Poo
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:37 PM

I guess no one really cares since this isn't about what kind of diapers I use or how I have my kid sitting in the car....

lcappytan05
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:38 PM

My friend just posted this on her facebook (since we're in Germany). In the link she provided though, it said that it was a bus driver and a passenger that was killed...is this an update?

JenB1983
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Yeah Cat, I posted this too just a few minutes ago....and haven't gotten a single reply.  From what Yahoo has updated(about 12 minutes ago); the Air Force confirmed it was 2 airmen that were killed.

Stephanie808

that was what I was thinking. I just figured I was alone since I'm in the Air Force and flew through there on a deployment. I find it super sad and scary

Quoting Je_Jette_Poo:

I guess no one really cares since this isn't about what kind of diapers I use or how I have my kid sitting in the car....

lcappytan05

Oh...see I read the one Bianca posted a bit ago and haven't looked for any updates yet.

Quoting JenB1983:

Yeah Cat, I posted this too just a few minutes ago....and haven't gotten a single reply.  From what Yahoo has updated(about 12 minutes ago); the Air Force confirmed it was 2 airmen that were killed.

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

Je_Jette_Poo
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:41 PM

Quoting lcappytan05:

My friend just posted this on her facebook (since we're in Germany). In the link she provided though, it said that it was a bus driver and a passenger that was killed...is this an update?

I think so.

The first article I read was from a British newspaper and said it was the bus driver and a passenger. But I think all the passengers were actually Airmen.

This is like the third different article I've read, but I think it's the most credible.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)