Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

shelter

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:39 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have been thinking alot lately of trying to open a food kitchen or homeless shelter geared towads  women and chidren or familys because of the hard fincial times but i really don't have any  idea where to start

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nameismommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:41 PM

BUMP!

ladyvamp5489
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:42 PM

WOW I had that idea here in my town! I wanted to use the school buildings that they close down, for rooms for families with kids to have their own space and feed them in the cafeteria! The gyms they could use to keep the kids busy and the playgrounds are already there. LOL I wouldnt know where to start either LOL  Good Luck.

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:43 PM

bump thats a good thing you want to do.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:44 PM

good luck on the project. i know a lot of people would be against it because it would be in their neighborhood and bring the property value down. its a shame that people could be helped but some people are just worried about property values. so many people need help nowdays

stinkerbelle28
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:46 PM
Quoting ladyvamp5489:

WOW I had that idea here in my town! I wanted to use the school buildings that they close down, for rooms for families with kids to have their own space and feed them in the cafeteria! The gyms they could use to keep the kids busy and the playgrounds are already there. LOL I wouldnt know where to start either LOL  Good Luck.

You shuld try to contact someone about that. That's a good idea.

tazmidgiefairy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:46 PM

thanks where are you from

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

tazmidgiefairy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:48 PM

I live in philadelphia pa so i don't think it can get much worse here i was thinking more outside the city where it harder to find places like this

Quoting silverdawn99:

good luck on the project. i know a lot of people would be against it because it would be in their neighborhood and bring the property value down. its a shame that people could be helped but some people are just worried about property values. so many people need help nowdays

ladyvamp5489
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:48 PM

Thanks. They do already have homeless shelters here  one seperates men and women (kids go with the women till age 12) they have a night shelter where you move to different churches every week and its only in winter, Then they have apts for temporary but there is always ppl on waiting lists for that.

Quoting stinkerbelle28:

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

You shuld try to contact someone about that. That's a good idea.

ladyvamp5489
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Im in Oregon and they are closing several schools due to budget cuts.

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

thanks where are you from

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

mallowcup17
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:50 PM

its a great idea! best of luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)