Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Over 15 Grand for a lock of Hair

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:11 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am a fan of a charity called The Gentle Barn on FB. They take in abused and neglected animals of all types and care for them. They have sponsers and do things to raise money.

Ellen Degeneres is auctioning off a piece of Justin Bieber's HAIR to benefit The Gentle Barn, and the bid is over 15 grand.

Seriously? I am glad it's going to a charity. I really am. But who the hell pays 15 grand for a lock of hair?? Especially for someone who is going to be washed up 5 years from now.

SMH

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momof4boyz1girl
by Diamond Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:13 PM

I can think of a hell of a lot of better things to spend 15 grand on than some damn hair....I don't give a sh*t who's hair it is either lol.

jaytee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:13 PM
That is crazy but maybe they are really only making a donation and the bought item doesn't matter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YeahSoWhat
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:14 PM

If its going to charity who cares how much was paid for it.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:15 PM

No, it's an auction. The highest bidder wins, and the item u bid on is Justin Bieber's hair. They are not just donating the money for nothing in exchange.

Quoting jaytee:

That is crazy but maybe they are really only making a donation and the bought item doesn't matter

CafeMom Tickers
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:47 PM
Crazy! $15,000? Why? ugh!
MandyOs
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Cool that it's going to charity.

Sad that someone is paying that much.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:54 PM

bump

fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Who cares? If someone has the 15 grand on hand and that's how they want to spend it who are we to tell them our opinion? When people complain about the way others spend their money that has absolutely no effect on them it just makes them sound petty and jealous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)