Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fed up with my job! Having time off but not being able to use it!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:12 PM
  • 3 Replies

A month ago I asked for March 25 and 26 off because it's mine and my best friends 25th birthdays.  I never ask for time off always pick up extra shifts.  one night I worked 3p to 3a because the night girl called out.  Well my supervisor schedules me for Friday the 25th 7a to 3p which is too difficult because I have no one to watch my son for day shifts.  Then I'm scheduled Saturday the 26th 3p to 11p which is during my friends surprise party.  She didn't even give me a full day off!  I said that I was willing to work an extra shift on a different day and another girl said she would work for me and even told her about it and she still scheduled it like that.  Someone told me that she said Birthdays are for Kids.  Sorry I'm 25 and would like to go out for dinner with my boyfriend and my grandmother is back from florida after 6 months the same weekend.  It's a weekend off regardless of the reasoning!  

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Can you go over her head. That doesn't sound fair at all to me!
FooLynRoo
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:53 PM

As a manager who works with a very little employee pool - I dont require reasons for time off - and we dont even give our employees paid time off.

I just do what I can to schedule what they need. It makes the employee happy and makes the work place a nicer place to be.

If you gave her ample notice, there is really no reason she would NEED to schedule you BOTH days.

I understand if someone asked before you and it was no other choice but it doesn't sound like that.

I would probably go above her head if she has one.

yezay
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Yea no one else asked for it off and I'm not asking to be paid so there is no reason.  Other people offered to help me out so maybe we'll just make it work without involving her.  I have picked up shifts and come in for her when she was sick and come in early.  Other people have gotten vacations and weekends off and she gives herself friday and saturday off every week.  One time she had a mini melt down and just disappeared for a week and I hate to pick up the slack.  There was also a time when we were down to two day people so I was working 60 hours a week and she was working the rest, but for a month she didn't hire someone to help out it was just us!  If I had the power I would have hired someone!!  I deserve 2 fucking days off!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)