Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some people should keep their mouth shut!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:16 PM
  • 35 Replies

Some people amaze me.  I walked into a store to get a few quick things.  Well it is nice outside so I just let the two older boys walk and I held my 5 almost 6 month old son.  We walk into the store and an older lady came over and was talking to my 5 almost 6 month old.  She makes a comment about how cute he is and then say's, " I see your still wearing your PJ's mommy didn't feel like changing you." I looked at her and replied, "Daddy dressed him today."  The lady gave a chuckle and said, "Well that explains it daddy's do that."  She went to reach for my son to tickle his cheek and he turned his lip under and started crying.  She backed off and said she had to go.  He had an all in one outifit that was blue and white with little bears all over it and little bears for the feet.  I didn't see anything wrong with it.  Some people just need to keep their mouth shut.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TomBoyMama_09
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Daddys do do that, and if it was a older lady, they tend to have a diffirent idea of whats PJs and whats not. So um, yeah.....big deal?

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:31 PM

bump

LilGina
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:31 PM

umm I have a 2 year old and when its chilly outside I leave her in her 1 peice sleepeer lol

camsmami
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:33 PM
Excatly why I always made sure my DD was dressed. I hated those little onsie things. They do look like pjs. My DD always had a onesie, and pants on at least.

Quoting TomBoyMama_09:

Daddys do do that, and if it was a older lady, they tend to have a diffirent idea of whats PJs and whats not. So um, yeah.....big deal?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
britt6
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Why are you getting so worked up? As a whole it doesn't seem like a big enough deal to think she needs to keep her mouth shut. I just think you are blowing this WAY out of proportion. 

Rhiannon1980
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:34 PM

isn't that why they are called sleep n plays?!? lol i leave my 10 month old is stuff lake that every day

massteria
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:35 PM

And some parents need to learn how to not get worked up over stupid shit.  I understand how it can seem terribly offensive for someone to make a comment about a child still being in pj's while out in public....and I can also see how an 'older lady' could mistake a one piece outfit for pj's.  I also can see why she would make a comment about daddy's doing that when you said that daddy dressed him.  What I can't see is why any of that would get you all riled up........

SamMichelle88
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:37 PM

I don't see what's the big deal? 1. He's a baby. 2. It sounds like she was just making conversation. Why get defensive?

paaepae
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:38 PM

If its cold I just let Dannick where a sleeper. He screams constantly if I out shoes on him. He has trouble getting his feet at a 90 angle and the shoes hurt him after a while. So I stick socks on him and then a sleeper. Let someone say something to me about it. I'd punch them. I am sensitive about it because Dannick's issue is more medical then fashionable.

jjones0461
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:39 PM
Eh. Who cares. I took my ten month old out in her fleece one piece PJ's when it was cold and snowing. Some young girl made a comment about her being in PJ's. I just told her I would rather be in her warm pjs then be sick and cold.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)