Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF ARE WE GOING TO DO NOW??? cussing UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:23 PM
  • 88 Replies

UPDATE!!!

WELL HUBBY AND I HAD A LOONNGGGG TALK LAST NIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING. ABOUT GAS PRICES AND HIS JOB AND WHAT WE NEED TO DO. I TOLD I FELT LIKE I WASNT DOING MY PART WITH NOT BEING ABLE TO GET A JOB SINCE MY ENTIRE PAYCHECK WOULD BE GOING TO A BABYSITTER. HE REASSURED ME THAT HE WOULD RATHER I RAISED OUR CHILDREN AND NOT SOME STRANGER. BUT HE DID CONCEDE ON THE FACT THAT WE SHOULD HAVE LOOKED HARDER IN WICHITA AND WE MIGHT NEED TO MOVE. BUT HE IS WORRIED ABOUT THE SCHOOL SYSTEM THERE WHICH IS GETTING MAJOR BUDGET CUTS. I TOLD HIM THAT ITS A CATCH 22. EITHER HAVE A SHITTY SCHOOL SYSTEM OR NOT HAVE A PLACE TO LIVE BECAUSE OF GAS PRICES AND ALL OF OUR MONEY GOING INTO GAS TANK. BUT I AM SO GLAD WE TALKED AND GOT IT OUT IN THE OPEN....

ugh... i told my husband when we got are taxes back that we needed to move to wichita so he wouldnt have to drive forty miles ONE WAY for a ten dollar an hour job. he fought me tooth and nail on it because we can only afford 600 a month on rent and he didnt want to live in the ghetto. we compromised and just got a storage shed so we could move around our house. now gas is 3.30 a gallon. i fucking told him but he wouldnt listen to me. he knew gas prices were going to rise but he would rather drive forty miles to work then live in a cheap house

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:25 PM

BUMP!

daughterofearth
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:26 PM

my dh drives a total of almost 200 km a day. 96 km to work 96 km home. i feel ya. moving is not an option, we live rent free in his grampas old house here on the family farm. and i would never ever live in or near regina. sucks shit.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Wow that's crazy  :(   I'm sorry hun.  I know here in NC they are saying by summer it'll be 5$ a gallon or more.  :/  Yikes, idk what people are gonna do.  I live in the country soooo there is no public transportation.  We have 1 taxi company that is in the next town over that comes over here but some of the people that used to call from my old job they had to wait a hour or so to be picked up.  Eek.  I work part time and travel 45 minutes to work so that's 1.5 hours of traveling a day.  I'm already spending a good 50 a week on gas sooo I hate to see it by summer time. 

pasteeater
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:27 PM

I don't understand how buying a storage shed and moving around the house would help.  You're right, you guys should have moved, even if just half way.

camsmami
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:28 PM
Yikes mama! We've been there done that. *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristy0833
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:29 PM

we had to relocate cuz my hubby was spending over 500 a month just in gas in his pick up! our house payment was only 600! so now he spending maybe 30 a month in gas and our rent is 500... we have 600 more a month :)

LilGina
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Do you have to move all the way there maybe move a little closer so its not as far

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:30 PM

we live in a two bedroom duplex adn we have three kids and boxes were almost stacked as high as the ceiling and all the closets was stuffed. we needed a three bedroom so we could breathe a little. so we rented a storage shed (one of those storage places)

Quoting pasteeater:

I don't understand how buying a storage shed and moving around the house would help.  You're right, you guys should have moved, even if just half way.

wiener
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:30 PM

this is why I'm glad my husband can ride his motorcycle to work. well not at the moment there still snow and ice on the roads but in a few months he can. he gets 50 - 60 miles per gallon depending on how he rides.

momx21980
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Quoting pasteeater:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)