Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you get the "honey/mom do we have any ____" while husband/kid is standing in front of open cabinet?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:30 PM
  • 15 Replies

LMAO, first, I got to say that if this is all I have to *complain* about then I have it pretty good.

Almost everyday, I'll be in a room besides the kitchen, one of my children or even my awesome husband will stand in front of an open cabinet or refrigerator.

"Hon/Mom, do we have any bread/milk/chips/insert whatever here"

So, yes, this is a lame vent, but, like I said, I have it pretty good. I always crack up when they do this.

I always say "well, I'm not the one standing in front of the refrigerator/cabinet"

Any other mom expected to be psychic?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngeLnChainZ
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Yep my son does that too I always tell him to wait while I ask my magic 8 ball

Kaybean
by Kayleen on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Haha yes. I get that a lot. My df will also get an apple out of the fridge every day and ask me if I can cut it up for him, while he's standing right there. He'll sometimes even stand there and toss the apple up in the air and catch it and stare at me until I finally notice him and ask if he wants it cut up lol.

TTC a GIRL? Want a GIRL in the future?
Join this group!!! We share tips and
methods for conceiving that baby girl!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/22322

Stephanie329
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Good one, I'll use that next time.

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

Yep my son does that too I always tell him to wait while I ask my magic 8 ball

amazingaudri

ME!!!! My DH does it at least once a day. Yesterday he asked where the bag of Doritos was, and it was on the shelf at his eye level! I've put all of his snacks on that shelf since we moved in over a year ago. You would think he would know where they were by now.

My daughter just likes to play the "hide monkey" game. She'll send me on a wild goose chase to find the thing, only for me to see she "found" it while I was looking. Happens 4 times a day.  

Nursemommy0f2

Or my my dh will say hwere are my t-shirts. I say in the last drawer. He says can you come help me find them? wtf I told you exactly where they are! I think he just likes to see me work. 

jaytee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:34 PM
Yes and what's even worse is they'll stand there and say there's nothing to eat! Oh and there's plenty, lol!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilyrose73
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:35 PM
Yes! It is so annoying!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rena1999
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:37 PM

yes! and also the where are my shoes, jacket etc...I didnt take them off..YOU DID!!! haha that is also husband and kids

massteria
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Thankfully I don't get that any more.  I am anal about where things go in my cabinets and fridge, so they know if they don't see it then it isn't there lol!  I am expected to be psychic about other things though....."Honey, where are my socks?" "where are my shorts...you know the comfy ones"  "Mom....where is my hardy bear?"  "Mom....where is my ____ book"  LOL!  Like I was the one that left any of that laying somewhere.

blakesmommy531
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:38 PM
Yes! Dh is the worst for things like that!
Where's my shirt? Where are my shoes? Where's my phone? You're freakin looking at it!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)