Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am going to strangle this child

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:55 PM
  • 33 Replies

Not really, but only because I'm not going up there. My 6 month old is napping and my almost 3 year old should be too.............but no she is singing, and jumping on her bed, and occasionally yelling "MOM! I WOKE UP!" If she wakes up her brother, I'm going to lose my mind. I hate when she does this because she won't fall asleep until like 2 now, she will sleep until 4 and then she won't be tired at bedtime. Some days she takes her nap with no issues at all, other days.............I want shake her.

Disclaimer, I am frustrated and do not really abuse my child. These are just words, I do not act apon them.

Photobucket
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NickiNavarro
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:03 PM

She woke him up. DAMN IT

mommy259
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:04 PM

maybe instead of giving her a nap you should have put on a movie and just had her lay on the couch for some quiet time so that way she wouldn't wake up the baby!!  Some kids no longer need or want naps at 3

stacy1403
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:06 PM

i know what your going through....bailey no longer wants a nap..but dammit some days i need her nap..lol

JasonsMom2007
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:08 PM
I wish my son still napped. He stopped at 2. And just as I got my 10 month old to sleep today he woke her up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fairegirl33
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Quoting mommy259:

maybe instead of giving her a nap you should have put on a movie and just had her lay on the couch for some quiet time so that way she wouldn't wake up the baby!!  Some kids no longer need or want naps at 3

cowboygal
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:09 PM

My kids were done napping at 2.5. It was more of a hassle than it was worth. We just moved bedtime up and had a rest period for 30 min. They could do whatever they wanted in their rooms as long as they were quiet. That way they got a break from each other and I got some peace.

mybabyapples
by Purple People Eater on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Have any nyquil lying around??? LOL, I'm kidding!! I feel your pain!

1boy1girlmama
by *Sarcasm Speaks* on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:10 PM

That's about when mine stopped taking naps too. He used to do the same crap. It was a sad day when nap time went out the window. I usually would just put a movie on for him and make him have 'quiet time' in my bed instead.

Oh and my 5yr. old is so loud in the morning he wakes my 1yr. old up. It happens every single F'ing morning and it makes me CRAZY...I so feel you.

Quoting mommy259:

**Formerly Keegansmama05** Loving Mama to Keegz & Nikki**bouncing mom

DIStickers.com Ticker

WhitleyLyles
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:12 PM
Nyquil is definitely in order!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica_87
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:16 PM

I now have "break" time. They have to sit on the couch and watch a movie and be quiet. I have the same problem with my almost 4 yr old and 2 yr old waking up their 7 month old brother. It drives me nuts some days I just want to scream!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)