Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you and your hubby/SO...

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:02 PM
  • 54 Replies
Have the same religous beliefs/ nonbeliefs? Ive heard people say its more difficult to have a sucessful relationship if you two dont have the same beliefs. I can understand where people would feel that way. My husband and I are both Christians :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lexismum03
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Yes we have the same beliefs. We are both Christian. I could see where it would be hard, if you have different views. Choosing how to raise your children and what not.

Luvmylife146
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:04 PM
We are both Christians. It was very important to both of us. I would not have married someone who wasn't
SamoandTimBug
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Yes, we do.  And yes, it is hard to be in a relationship with someone who has different beliefs--my ex was Christian, and I am not, and because he's not a regular churchgoer, it wasn't a big deal until we had kids, and we had different opinions on how to raise them.  (And no, that's not why we got divorced, in case anyone wonders. :))

Kodysmommy928
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:06 PM

We share the same nonbeliefs.

mallowcup17

bump

Famousglm714
by Gina on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Yeah, neither of us is religious. 

jillbailey26

We both share the same faith.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

stacy1403
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:07 PM

we dont go to church but we both believe in god...

jaytee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:07 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wiener
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:07 PM

no, he is catholic but no hardcore, he does not believe in some of it,  were i don't have a religion. i hate organized religion and refuse to be categorized.  I'm not a religious person at all. I have my beliefs and he has his and yes we butt heads from time to time. all i ask of him is that went the time comes to talk to our kids about religion that is wont be just catholicism, they will be given the opportunity to choose what ever they want to believe and they will not be pressured or scared into beliveing anything they dont agree with

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)