Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to teach an 18 month old right from wrong.

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:05 PM
  • 6 Replies
I feel like i am constantly telling my babygirl NO. Ive tried smaking her hand but she doesnt care it just ends up hurting MY feelings lol. I try redirecting her to stuff she can do so im not constantly in her ear with negativity. I feel like i have no control and im embaressed when we visit family or go to the store and she throws her fits bc i feel helpless. What can i do if anything?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bklaser
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:26 PM

good luck mama. my dd is also 18mos and I have that SAME  problem. I mean I redirect my dd all the time. It usually works... but ohmygosh the tantrums lol

TalonMaree
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:19 PM
Bump for more answers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TomBoyMama_09
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:21 PM
your funny...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GonnaBMom
by Miss.Fortune on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:24 PM

My almost 17 month old is the same i guess its a stage they go through bump !

TalonMaree
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:28 PM
Whys that

Quoting TomBoyMama_09:

your funny...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemymichael
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:35 PM

my dd is 16 months so we are starting to get into that phase.  i have a 5 year old and it's so hard to remmber what we did.  But i DO remember the tantrums in public, and all iremember doing is ignoring them for a minute or 2(at home and in public), and if that doesn't work, just pick them up and leave.  Don't be embarrassed and don't worry about other people.  If you are at home just ignor and leave the room.  May take a few minutes for them to stop but eventually they will and over time the tantrums will be shorter and shorter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)