Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have a infant

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:15 PM
  • 8 Replies

If you go out places do you talk to the baby even though they cant talk back?

I went to the grocery store today with my 5 month old and the whole time we were there i talked to her. I told her what i was picking up, i told her if i couldnt find something, and i talked to her about her older sisters. The whole time she laughed and talked back it was about 1hr 30 mins. The older ladies thought it was so cute they would stop and talk to me and look at the baby. The older men just looked at me like i am crazy. I do this everywhere i go though.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KRMomma
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:18 PM

It's a normal mommy thing. I talked to my son all the time when he was a little baby. Now he is never quiet. LOL

Also find myself swaying back and forth like if I was rocking a baby. I do it sometimes while waiting in line at the supermarket. LOL

My son is almost 4 so it's been awhile since the baby phase.

Cavalrybaby02
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:21 PM

I did that when my kids were little all the time.  It's the best way for them to learn.  They need to hear lots of words every day.  :)

daughterofearth
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:22 PM

yep  i talk to my 3 mo old all the time ..he comes in the laundrey room with me and i tell him what i am doing and why...i think taling to them all the time will help when it comes to his speech development. and because he likes it!!! he especialy likes it when i tell him how cooool he is, lol

mybabyapples
by Purple People Eater on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Well, my youngest is 1, but I did that with both my girls! It's good for them!

mybabyapples
by Purple People Eater on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I do the swaying thing! I have had other moms point it out! LOL, it's a mommy thing! Means we love our babies!

Quoting KRMomma:

It's a normal mommy thing. I talked to my son all the time when he was a little baby. Now he is never quiet. LOL

Also find myself swaying back and forth like if I was rocking a baby. I do it sometimes while waiting in line at the supermarket. LOL

My son is almost 4 so it's been awhile since the baby phase.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
zombiecupcake
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:26 PM

I talk to my 6 month old DD all the time. It is good to talk to your babies. I have also noticed that I make the craziest faces when I am feeding her baby food and I have no clue why. 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
LILTIGERS
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:12 PM

yep i talk to my daughter ever where we go! :) thats how they learn to talk

vasquean
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:30 PM

I did that with my daughter and will do it again with my new baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)