Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think when you hear this?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

Some friends and I were talking this morning. My friend was saying that her new neighbors are very trashy. All you ever hear them do is yell at their kids. My friend's neighbor moved in a month ago and she has never heard them speak nice to their kids. They have 3. They don't swear at them but they are constantly yelling at them. My friend was saying that every morning she hears the mom screaming at the top of her lungs "GET IN THE CAR NOW, YOUR ALWAYS MAKING US LATE" then in the afternoons it's "HURRY UP AND GET IN THE HOUSE OR I WILL BEAT YOUR BUTT" We got on the subject of how trashy it is to hear them constantly screaming at their kids. My friend was saying it's just as trashy as constantly swearing at your kids. What do you ladies think? Do you think that someone who constantly swears at their child is trashy? Do you think someone who constantly screams at their child is trashy?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
armywifey26
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Well I don't curse AT my children. But I do curse around them. I don't think I am trashy. I don't believe screaming at your kids constantly will teach them anything but to be immune to your yelling. Then what does that accomplish? Nothing at all. 

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Both seem equally wrong to me.

.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

Both seem equally wrong to me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kidlover2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:25 PM

eh.... I have screamed before. I try not to curse but do let loose with the occasional "dammit" when I drop something. I have no opinion. I see both sides.

jenniemama2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:26 PM

IDK if I would say "trashy" I would say the person has anger management issues.

briansmommy7143
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Well, since I am the mom that is usually yelling at my kids to get in the car... I don't know. I don't consider myself trashy by any means, but what my neighbors probably don't hear is the several times I tell him to get in prior to the yelling. Yelling is what gets his butt in gear, and as a mom who has to be at school on time for exams that depend on my future career, and a mom who has to be to work on time to keep my job which supports my children, I will yell if thats what it takes to better their future.

Queenie_Mab
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Yes, I think constant yelling at kids and swearing at them is trashy.

Niki_sd
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Did she move in next to my old neighbors?  

We NEVER heard the people that lived there before, then the house sold and the family that moved in was PAINFUL.   The parents were always yelling at each other, the kids, the kids were crying bc the parents were fighting, the kids were yelling at each other, they had a pit bull that would bark all day long like it wanted to come through the fence and kill someone.   

It never ended... they would fight all hours of the night and I would hear the kids crying until 1am on a school nights.   The baby was constantly crying and I wondered why until I saw the lady caring it... in the carrier shaking it like crazy and slaming it down in the car, on the ground.  They would fight and the woman would storm out and be gone for days... it would be quiet until she came back.    When she was back the screaming would start all over again.  It was exhausting just to live next to them and have to hear it all day.

Yes... I thought they were trashy.     I hated them by the time we moved out just from being annoying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)