Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your a stepmonster....

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:46 PM
  • 22 Replies

When people ask you how many children you have what do you say? If your stepchildren don't live with you do you include them? My step son lives 3 hrs. away and we don't see him much. When people ask me how many kids I have I usually say 2. If the conversation goes further I will mention that I have a stepson too. 

What about you?

**Formerly Keegansmama05** Loving Mama to Keegz & Nikki**bouncing mom

DIStickers.com Ticker

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stefvan
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:47 PM

I say we have 3. 

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:51 PM

All of my kids are "my" kids! We have 5 boys. My son, his two sons, our son and his brother. They are all ours! I even refer to my stepsons as our kids when I'm talking to their mother! LOL.

I will have to say that my stepsons have been in my life since they were not quite 1 and 2. They are almost 11 and 12 now. It did take some time for the bio and step parents to "get along" as well as we do now!

fordgal88
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:51 PM

I count my stepdaughter.  =)

jmart18255
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:56 PM

i say that i have 5. i include him as my own when i am asked 

DeirdraG.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:57 PM
I include my stepson as my own... Esp now considering we have custody
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmomma1986
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:58 PM
I don't include them because they want nothing to do with us unless it's money and they're grown.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candi1024
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:58 PM

I don't know, I am stuck on that one. It would be different if they lived with me, and I played mom. But I don't. They live an hour away, and visit a couple weekends a month. I never pretended to be or acted like their mom, they have a very good mom and I am not trying to take her place. Realize they are also 16 and 20 right now, not little kids. So, IDK. I feel like I am lying to people if I say 4, but I don't want to exclude them by saying 2.

mommaofemma
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:59 PM

I dont have stepkids but I do have 2 stepsisters but dont really count them as my siblings

djemMama0725

i say i have 6 kids. period. and my oldest SD is nearly 21 years old and married......(im stb 26)

Sarah5708Emma
I include my sd and say we have 4 kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)