Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you gonna tell me how to raise my child when you didnt raise your own?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:47 PM
  • 4 Replies

I hate when people tell me how to parent but they didn't even raise their own children someone else did. Example MY sil

She trys to tell me how i should be raising my kids but she didn't even raise her own. Half the time they were either with a relative or in foster care. She was to busy running the streets and doing drugs to take care of her kids. Her son is 22 and real slow because she smoked crack while pregnant with him. Her other child is 33 and is off the chain doesn't have any respect for people but expects people to do stuff for him. Every Time she calls up here and tells us how we need to be doing something different i just wanna tell her off. My dh has a couple of times so she finally stop calling.

All i am saying is if you didnt raise your kids dont tell someone else how to raise their own

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
luvmelongtime
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:53 PM

BUMP!

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:29 PM

I would distance myself from someone like that.

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:31 PM

I would tell her exactly that...

Damali0812
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:44 PM

I totally agree. I feel the same way when looking for babysitters. I don't see how you can babysit my kids if you have never had any of your own. I'm not talking about teenagers that babysit but like married adults. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)