Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, I learned a lesson today, and I feel like an idiot.(Update in red 3/15)

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM
  • 35 Replies

Big rocks are incredibly bad for vans. In fact, hitting a rather large rock, after thinking it was roadkill (hey, it looked like a groundhog. It had personality), and then dragging it a half mile until I could pull over was even worse.

So, now my service engine light is on, and I just had my engine mount fixed (I was not driving when the last injury happened).

I don't know why I'm allowed to operate a motor vehicle, but I'm certainly doing a good job of perpetuating the woman driver stereotype.

My llamas are not pleased...

Update 3/15

The van went to see the vehicle vet, and the cost to repair it will be over $2,000. That has turned out to be an incredibly expensive rock.

"What is a man, if chief good, and market of his time be but to sleep and feed? A beast, no more."  Hamlet

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cymbeline
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:53 PM

BUMP!

MoreThanAMom85
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Oops.....

That doesn't sound too good.

But hey, DH fits the woman driver mold....and he's a man.

At least you aren't alone??

art.diva
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:59 PM
I'm sorry...that sucks!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngeLnChainZ
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:00 PM

"It had personality" sidesplittinglaughter

Ok sorry for laughing but... yea.. LOL

Hope it's nothing major!

arianna24
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:00 PM
Women drivers are actually more cautious drivers.. That's why our car insurance is cheaper than males.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:01 PM

:( that sucks...

1likeme
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:01 PM

OOPPPSS.  Maybe you just knocked some of the wiring loose and that's what caused the engine light to come on,,,maybe.   

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Oh noo, horrible to mess up your vehicle. At least you're okay, right?

bananahammock1
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:02 PM
lol! My husband would have a good time with this post! Have you gotten it looked at yet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_the.mrs_
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Neither is it healthy to hit an already dead deer laying in the road (that you don't see in the pitch black of night AND that you managed to do while trying to obey traffic laws and got over when seeing cars on the shoulder)...that results in ripping a hose off the van and a god awful stench of burning meat for about 3 months.

I know of what you speak.....My van....no matter how hard I try to convince myself, is simply not a Transformer and not at all living up to her name of Tessimus Prime...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)