Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone ever had to deal with burns?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:51 PM
  • 12 Replies

My son has a nasty burn on his chest, I just changed the bandage and saw that the edges are still ugly pink but the center is turning white. I have never had to deal with severe burns before so I don't know if this is normal or if it means something is wrong. I have a call in to the doc to ask them about it but I don't want to wait for them to call me back. Anyone have any ideas on what this is? I want to believe it is healing but it seems strange that it would heal from the center and not the edges.

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, Gummy bears are chasing me, one is red, one is blue, one is peeing on my shoe, now I'm running for my life, 'cuz the red one has a knife.

PS: Bash my opinion if you like, I don't return to "Hot Topic" posts after having my say anyway.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:32 PM

How did he get burned?  Did he get medical attention at the time?

I don't know if that's normal either but I hope everything works out okay.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:33 PM

google images of infected burns - compare them -   i burned myself making pizza this summer and it was really gross.

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:34 PM
Sounds normal depending on the type of burn and how he got it.

Did he get medical attention and have medicine cream for it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CaaspersBaby
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:44 PM

be careful with changing the bandage. You might want to let it air out so it does not blister which is what it sounds like it is doing. The white is a blister forming. so I would let it get some air just have him be careful with it let him run around without a shirt for a few minutes but other than that it sound normal. I hope he is ok. How did he get burn?

babybull0601
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:50 PM

How did he get the burn?  When I got burned mine turned white while it was healing. ( it happened in 1990 so its been awhile but I pretty sure I remember it right) My aunt was in nursing school and they were covering burns so I went to class so they could have hands on experience.  And man did it itch make sure he doesn't try scratching it.   I was 10 when I fell on a gas heater had third degree burn on my left leg left hand had 2nd degree and my right I had 1st degree burns.   Hope he feels better soon.  

Princess7777
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM

It is healing.  I have skin graft and it will turn white in the center.  It is good to talk to the doctor and let him know what is going on with it.  I am sorry he is going through that.  I hope he gets better.  HUGS.

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:55 PM

You may need to let it air out a little. Are you having to put silver sulfadiaz cream on it? I have scars from some bad burns on my foot and on my arm. It took a while to heal completely.

I also have a niece that had 3rd degree burns on her hand and arm from a grease fire. She now has white skin where it would normally be very tan, as she is dark complected.

mom2mandjax
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Sorry I wasn't online to answer your questions, he got burned by grabbing a cup of hot tea and spilling it on himself. It was a second degree burn and yes he has seen the doctor about it. He is on antibiotics and silver cream. The doctor said that the white is just part of the healing process and I don't need to worry. Thanks for the advice ladies.

angeleyes16
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Is the white area blistered? Have you put a tropical antibiotic on it?

angeleyes16
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Oh, and I knew a woman who put butter on her dd's burn. Do no not butter on it; the oil will make it blister.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)