Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously?! Oh, Eff That!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:54 PM
  • 12 Replies

When we moved into our apartment, we noticed cigarette butts in the front of unit, so, we cleaned them up, even though they weren't ours (neither of us smoke). I noticed, the other day, that there were quite a few butts in front of our unit again (we've only been here 2 months). I know it's my neighbor doing it, I've seen them flicking their butts our way.

Maintance just came over and knocked on my door, handing me a bill for $25 for them cleaning up the butts. I told management about this problem a few times and they said I didn't have to clean it up, but I can't stand it looking messy out there, so I was going to clean it up anyways, once it got nice and wasn't rainy and muddy.

I just called to the office to ask about it and they said that it was my responsibility to keep it clean, even if they aren't our butts, nor those of any of our friends (I have a friend that lives a couple of doors down that does smoke and, if she smokes when she comes over here, she does go outside, but she puts her butt out and throws it in the trash).

UGH.....that's just not right........

K...vent over.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
art.diva
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:56 PM
You need to say something to your neighbors
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopefloats505
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:57 PM

You should collect all the butts and put them in a large bucket and when its full throw them all over their yard

coug7099
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:58 PM

What does your lease say? I would speak to someone else at the office because it cannot be your responsibility to clean up after your neighbor.

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:33 PM

I would refuse to pay it and tell her if she wants to be paid for it to give it to the people causing the problem. Or better yet, sweep up all the buts and put them right in front of the smokers door. and keep doing that till they stop getting flicked.

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:34 PM

im sorry

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:36 PM
Yesss! Along with poopy diapers! :)

Quoting hopefloats505:

You should collect all the butts and put them in a large bucket and when its full throw them all over their yard

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_the.mrs_
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:37 PM

I actually talked to the manager after I posted this, when I was walking up to get my kids off the bus. I told her that neither DH or I smoke, nor do we have any smokers over that toss their butts in front of my unit. I told her that I didn't feel it was right for me to have to pay a bill for them cleaning up someone elses mess. She agreed and told me that she was going to re-write the bill and give it to the neighbors, along with a memo to stop flicking butts in front of other people's units.

arianna24
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:42 PM
Good!

Quoting _the.mrs_:

I actually talked to the manager after I posted this, when I was walking up to get my kids off the bus. I told her that neither DH or I smoke, nor do we have any smokers over that toss their butts in front of my unit. I told her that I didn't feel it was right for me to have to pay a bill for them cleaning up someone elses mess. She agreed and told me that she was going to re-write the bill and give it to the neighbors, along with a memo to stop flicking butts in front of other people's units.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiegirl
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:47 PM
Good glad to hear this! I was going to suggest giving the neighbor the bill lol.

Quoting arianna24:

Good!

Quoting _the.mrs_:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coffeeyum
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:52 PM

maintanence isn't responsible, nor the manager, it's between you and the neighbor, and at this point since it's bucketfulls, and enough to make a little child puke and get deathly ill, I'd make a call to the board of health to the neighbor as to their disgusting filthy way to present themselves to the public, get pictures, or a video if you have an i-phone, go i-phone all over this, ....this has board of health written all over it.  This is hazardous to little children and babies, but if it's in your lawn YOU will be charged not them, unless you have proof.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)