Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You will NEVER guess what I found at Lowes!! OMG.

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:15 PM
  • 99 Replies

Poll

Question: What should I do with the PSP & accesories?

Options:

Keep it. You tried your best, the owner is out of luck. They should have had contact info on the bag.

Take it to Lowes and let them give it to an employee or trash it.

Other. PLEASE explain in a comment below.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 186

View Results

I know this is long but bare with me I need the advice! PLEASE!

Ok, so I have a major dilemma and could really use some advice. So a little over a week ago my SO, our son and I took a trip to Lowes. As my SO got our son out of the car I went to get a cart. Of course my son wanted to ride in the race car cart, so I walked over to one that was left in the parking lot a couple of parking spaces away from our car. As I came up on the cart I noticed there was a black bag in the large part of the cart (it looked like a diaper bag.) I immediatly looked around to see if there was anyone around with a child that could have possibly forgot their bag and there was noone! Noone walking around, noone getting in a car, noone even sitting in a car around the area. My immediate reaction was to look on the bag for any kind of ID, because I know if I lost my bag I would hope someone would return it. There was a paper tag wrapped around the strap with a first and last name but no phone number, address, or any contact info. The tag was from the store it was bought I assume because it had their name on it and then it had a description of what was bought (one large black bag - used, two psp games - new, one psp - new.) The tag did not have a name of the store it was bought from or else I would have called there to get contact info. So at this point I realize it is not a diaper bag like I had first thought but a bag for a game system/storage. I opened the bag thinking there might be a tag on the inside and there was NO contact info. There was however a psp in new condition, about 6 games and 3 movies, game cases, the manual, a large psp case, etc. My SO has a psp so I asked him to look through the psp and see if there was any contact info on there, but there was nothing. My next thought was to go report it in the store and see if anyone had reported it lost (which noone had.) They announced it over the intercom and said if anyone had lost this item if they could come to the service desk and report what was in the bag they could have it. Noone came to the service desk in the hour that we were shopping in the store. They took my info incase the owner had already left the store and came back looking for it they could contact me. They offered to keep the bag at the store but said that after 7 days of holding an item they allow an employee to claim it or it's trashed. So I refused to leave it with them. After we left I called the non-emergency number for the police to report it found. They told me there had been no reports of a missing psp and there was nothing they could do about it. So my last attempt to finding the owner of this bag was to search their name on the internet. I have searched on google, facebook, myspace, craigslist, and any other website I can think of and have found NOTHING. I even searched for their name in surrounding cities and this name is not coming up on ANYTHING! So my dilemma is what do I do? We could keep it but I feel guilty keeping it only because I know how much money we spent on my SO's and I would be really upset if it was lost and not returned if someone found it. Know what I mean? I can not think of any other way to report it, or get in contact with who I assume is the owner (the name on the tag.) What would YOU do?   

-anon.cafemommy

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
P.V.Hawkwind
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:17 PM

idk call the store everyday for a few weeks asking if someone was still looking for a bag.

Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:18 PM
Try posting on Craigslist that you found an item and where?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiegirl
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:19 PM
Have you tried the whitepages.com or calling 411? Next I would put an ad in the paper. You have a name so when someone calls to claim it make sure to ask what name is on the bag. But I would definitely put an ad in the paper!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:22 PM

I would look in the surrounding area and find a store that sold games in that manner then I would ask them if they had a customer by that name.  If I could not find the person I would either return the game to the store or simply donate it to a women's shelter or place that helped children.  I would feel to guilty to keep it but that's just me.

catinseaside
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:23 PM

I say if you honestly believe you gave it your all, consider it a blessing. What else can you do. :) I say it's yours.

anon.cafemommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:24 PM

I have called every other day and they keep reassuring me that if anyone reports it missing they will contact me. I plan to keep doing this even though it seems to be bugging them, LOL.

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

idk call the store everyday for a few weeks asking if someone was still looking for a bag.

arianna24
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:25 PM
Maybe you could put up lost signs in the area you found it, just saying a black bag left in the parking lot. When the person comes to claim it ask them where they left it (if they remember) and what was inside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kemmerer411
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:25 PM
If I couldn't find the owner after a few weeks I would sell it... but that's just me. I wouldn't feel guilty, at least you tried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anon.cafemommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:26 PM

I posted in the lost & found section stating the item, where it was found at, etc. I put on there if they could show proof of ID matching the name on the paper tag (I did not post name) that they could have the item. So far I haven't got any replies except for people asking for it for free, or offering me $20-$50 for it.

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:

Try posting on Craigslist that you found an item and where?

jjones0461
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:28 PM
Wow. I would try to find the owner. At least for a few weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)