Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Urgent Care

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:26 PM
  • 14 Replies

AM I the only one who would stay miserably ill then go to a grimy urgent care? Cause the on call nurse made me sound like a stuck up snob b/c I refused the referral. The last time I went to an urgent care my son had a nasty cold... three days later he had chicken pox AND the nasty cold was turning into bronchitis. so... PASS

PS. I feel like death.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:28 PM
Our urgent care is the ER and their average wait is 6-8 hours (seriously). We can usually get into the doctor fairly quickly, so we don't bother with the ER.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Regina_Falange
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:29 PM

I managed to get my kids into their ped tomorrow... but she said my dr can't see me til the 21st of this month :( So its either u/c or deal with it myself.

Quoting .k.e.l.l.i.e.:

Our urgent care is the ER and their average wait is 6-8 hours (seriously). We can usually get into the doctor fairly quickly, so we don't bother with the ER.

alotta_fagina
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:29 PM
go to the ER? why can't u go to your regular doctor?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Regina_Falange
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:30 PM

they can't fit me in until the 21st of this month, and wouldn't send me to see any of the others. So its either u/c or deal.

Quoting alotta_fagina:

go to the ER? why can't u go to your regular doctor?

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:30 PM
Our urgent cares are nice. Especially our pedi urgent care. I think ER's are nasty and much worse!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krise
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:30 PM

The urgent care here is awesome. We get in within mins and it's cheaper for us to do that then go to our reg doc.

alotta_fagina
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:32 PM
sorry just read ur reply...go to a different doctor I'm sure one has an opening today
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Regina_Falange
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:33 PM

I am with Tricare with the military. You either get your PCM at your onbase clinic, or you get urgent care.

Quoting alotta_fagina:

sorry just read ur reply...go to a different doctor I'm sure one has an opening today

Regina_Falange
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Talked to a dr... and all he told me was "drink fluids and wait for an appt on the 29th"

Wow. Appreciate it. Seriously.

LuLu5J
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Are there any pharmacy clinics in your area?  I live in PA and CVS has what are called Minute Clinics where you can go in and see a nurse practioner or physician's assistant and be evaluated.  She can give you medication and some insurances even cover it.  The lines are never that long to get in.

Hope this helps!  Feel better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)