Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would You Do This?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:32 PM
  • 35 Replies

Would you take a quick, 10 minute long shower, leaving your kids unattended (doors locked, 6 year olds and a 2 yo watching tv, bathroom door open?)

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjones0461
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcmarino07
I dO that with my 1 yr old
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owensmommie
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:33 PM
I have done this with my almost 5 year old in living room. I don't like to but I have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy358
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:33 PM

ive done it. my kids are 6 and 3. they know to come get me if they need me

.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:34 PM
Depends on the kids. If they were like my cousin JoAnna's kids, absolutely. My cousin Rosie's kids, hell no. My daughter's 5 months, so she's either with me in the bathroom, in her crib, or with daddy when I shower.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Six year old, yes.  Two year old, no.  I'd wait until the two year old was down for a nap, then take one while the six year old was occupied.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Honeybun09
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:35 PM

No! I take my showers while my daughter is napping or when my husband is home.

Due in May? Join us in May 2011 Babies!

_the.mrs_

I am in need of a shower, but DH is working ALL day today. I called a friend of mine to see if she could keep an eye on them while I shower, but she's busy. I was gonna shower while DD was taking a nap, but was cleaning up the house and lost track of time....

danz_chick

nope i put my 18 mo in there with me and the 10 weeks old in her seat on the floor of bathroom.  so i can take my shower and keep an eye on them.

Ktina11
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:36 PM

I do that with my 3 y/0, 2 y/o and 13 month old now.  How else am I supposed to get a shower?  Their room is across the hallway and I gate them into their room.  I just leave the baby in the crib (I can actually see him from the shower) and then call to the boys if I get concerned.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)