Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would it bother you if your childs teacher told them to shut up or that they were telling a lie??

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:33 PM
  • 4 Replies
my DD is 7 and in first grade. Yesterday she said a boy was bothering her and she was going to tell the asst teacher and the teacher told her to shut up...because she knew what she was about to tell her and told her not to pay him any attention...then told her she didn't mean to tell her to shut up. Then today she tried to tell her teacher that she had left her snack at home and she said the teacher told her she was lying?? I don't understand these young teachers!? Would it piss you off? Is it reason for a conference or a note?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:42 PM
I would have a problem with the teacher telling my child to shut up. That isn't allowed in my home because its rude, I would feel like the teacher was being rude and setting a poor example for my child. As for telling her she was lying that depends on the child, history etc. But if they have never had cause to doubt your child then I would bring it up also. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yo_ho
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:46 PM

I would talk with the teacher. When DS was 4 and in prek, he told me the teacher kept calling him a baby. I confronted her on it and she denied it and told DS she would never say such a thing to which he said "Yes you did". She ended up blaming it on another teacher saying that the other teacher said they were acting like babies, but I believe DS. It put her on guard that my DS will tell me anything!

With the shut up thing, at least she apologized. I would use that as a learning moment for sometimes we say things we don't mean to, and it's good when we apologize. I would ask about the lying thing though.

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:50 PM

I don't even want an adult to tell me to shut up it's very rude. I do believe you should go to the school and have a talk with said teacher.

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:44 PM

I'd send the teacher and email and just ask her about it.  Sometimes the version of things our children tell us is not actually the truth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)