Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A question for obese moms..

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:36 PM
  • 280 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you work out as described below?

Options:

Yes, at least 6 days a week and I'm losing weight.

Yes, at least 6 days a week but I'm not losing weight.

No. (Why not?)

I'm not obese. *Runs to get cookies*

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 369

View Results

Do you work out? By "work out" I mean actual physical activity (jumping jacks, workout DVD, class, running, etc) at least 30 minutes a day? Chasing after kids and cleaning do not count.

Type in DRAMA LLAMAS to join my team! I pledged 35 pounds, and it's FREE! Give food to those in need by losing weight, how awesome is that?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommavieve
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:37 PM
I'm not obese, but I'm curious...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:38 PM
I'm not obese
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k_hall1784
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:38 PM
I just started my diet 3 days ago and I'm looking into the most effective excersizes for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_the.mrs_
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Right now, because, honestly, things have been crazy the past few months and I just wasn't feeling it.

BUT, starting on Monday (because I am going grocery shopping this weekend), change in diet and more activity is coming our way. I'm going to start doing Leslie Sansone workouts....Once I get some weight off me, I'm going to kick it up a bit.

Sharell8710
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:39 PM

What's with your obsession with heavy moms today... and slim moms going to eat cookies?

P.V.Hawkwind
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:40 PM

I'm not obese. Overweight yes. But, I start my diet and workout today so I will and hour or hour and a half a day for 5 days.

EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:40 PM

I am obese. Not grossly obese though. But I do work out some. However my work tends to be physical as well. However I do have a minor medical issue that I should have monitored a little closer than I do now.

anna_mccall
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:40 PM

I used to then winter hit and now I can't get motivated to do anything. And I really need to or summer will be here and I will be super depressed.

sophistcatdfury
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:41 PM

*eats ALL OF THE COOKIES and leaves none for the rest of the group*

Ktina11
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:41 PM

I am obese and have been for years.  No I don't work out 6 days a week.  I can barely find time to get the things done to keep our house afloat.  I wish I could get 6 days worth of a few hours of me time.  Of course I would love to change things and be able to focus on me.  I hope as they grow that I can get physical activity along side them especially in the summer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)