Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is there no Australia on this map? And since when is Oceania in it's place???

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:38 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hubby and I were talking about the world map watching some history show. He said Africa wasn't on the map LOL so I pulled up this map to show him (first one that popped up when googling)

Why is ther no Australia and WTF is Oceania???? LOL

I know it rained a bunch there, but I don't think enough to call for a name change LOL

http://www.mapsofworld.com/

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Kaelansmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:39 PM

that is the continental map..

click on it and you will get a political map that labels the countries

-Shelley-
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:40 PM

It's there when you click on the map.

RoguesMommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:42 PM

ya when you click on it it changes but why isn't Australia on the continental map when it's the name of the continent??

momma-flynn
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:45 PM

I got this off their website. Oceania is more like a region. 

Australia and Oceania map is a section of maps of information pages comprising of the Oceania region, its countries, their facts and a detailed section of Australia. The highly diverse region of Oceania constitutes of Australia, New Zealand, New Guinea and the south Pacific islands. Oceania also includes the thousands and thousands of coral reef islands, the volcanic islands of South Pacific Ocean, Melanesia (the independent countries of Fiji and Vanuatu, Solomon Islands and New Caledonia) and Polynesia (innumerous island groups around French Polynesia, Austral, and Gambier etc).

Australia and Oceania map sections contains interesting and accurately made Australia Maps, Tonga Maps, Fiji Maps, New Zealand maps, Papua New Guinea Maps and Marshall Islands Maps. Apart from this information on diversified subjects such as Australia travel, Population of Australia, Climate Map of Australia and Australia Cricket can also be obtained from this section.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)