Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 15 year old BIL'S Girlfriend is pregnant:(

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:44 PM
  • 57 Replies

So I found out yesterday that my BIL needed to buy a pregnancy test for his gf she said she took a bunch of tests some said positive and some said negative. I instantly started crying, Ive known him sinc he was 8 years old I just cant imagine him having a baby. So he takes the tests to school and she says im not going to take them im going to th dr after school. So last night she said she went to her aunt who is a dr and she's not pregnant.

My husband says ask her to take the test or show proof she's not. Which is reasonable in my opinion. He doesnt want to have the baby and she said if she was she was going to keep it and they can go to his football games (whatever). The girl is 17 and is saying she cant believe he wont believe she's not pregnant and I don't understand her reasoning besides she is and is too scared.

Also, No parents know. I'm preparing myself for the wrath of my inlaws if she is and for not saying anything. I just feel that it's not the right time yet unless she's really pregnant and she's going to continue the pregnancy.

So what do you think? Do you think she's pregnant? What advice can I give them?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShaunaYve
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:19 PM
Come on! Anyone have any advice or comments? I really need some feedback.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3gr8tKids
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I would be suspicious too..

Positive Test Results:

Typically, if you receive a positive result (even if it is very faint), this indicates that you are pregnant. It is possible to obtain a false-positive result (the test is positive, but you are really not pregnant) – though this happens very rarely.

You may end up with a false-positive if:

• You are taking a prescription medication that contains hCG, such as Pregnyl, A.P.L., Profasi, Chorex, Novarel, or Ovidrel or the medication promethazine (used as an antihistamine in combination cough and cold products to treat allergy symptoms and to treat nausea or vomiting from illness or motion sickness).

• You have traces of blood or protein in your urine.

• You have used an expired or damaged pregnancy test.

• You are currently taking diuretics.

PhotoMama88
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Well if she says shes not then I wouldnt ask her anymore, but advise her to retest. DO you know if she has missed a period? Maybe she got it, just doesnt wanna say? 

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:32 PM

wow a 15 year old boy and a 17 year old girl??? i would defintely be talking to the parents

BizzE
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:34 PM

lol, I read your title as your 15 yos (your childs) BIL

I was thinking who would let their 15 yo get married....lol

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:35 PM

well it happens

blueyedbadass
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:38 PM

It is VERY rare to get a false positive. If you are going to get an inaccurate test result it is usually a false negative, not positive......... Normally the only time you get a false pos. is if you just had a baby or are taking hormones to help you get pregnant... I think that if she got any positives then yes she is.....

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:38 PM

I'd butt out and Mind my own buisness.. If your BIL is old enough to (possibly) get a girl pregnant, than he is old enough to deal with the parents... Also Yes I think she's pregnant

squigglylines
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:40 PM

I'd just walk away from it. She sounds dramatic

ShaunaYve
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:33 PM

I told him I think if she is infact not pregnant they should stop seing eachother. Because the next time it wont be a scare and he was like yeah but he's a teenager.

Quoting squigglylines:

I'd just walk away from it. She sounds dramatic

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)